Hello all,
Please tell me how we can use the face book for getting the traffic.please share some useful tips for getting the traffic from the face book.
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 119 Replies

Facebook is very good option for getting the traffic to your website: create page and share interesting information in it to engage users.

Fan pages are a great way to generate traffic, especially with the right SEO and social media.

First of all you will have to designed a facebook page and increase fans. This procedure may be fruitful for getting some traffic on your website.

On FB get in contact with many people , discuss with them for any issue and try to solve it by providing the best and useful content. And create your fan page on FB , make groups of the friends. And create ad for your business and then update your FB profile. So this way your group can receive the notice for your business ad and this way you can get more success for your business.

I think it also depends on the topic/product that you would like to promote. It could be harder to get Facebook users interested in internet marketing or make money from home topics that say "sewing".

What are your experiences?

A lot of friends means, a lot of awareness and a lot of traffic.

Facebook users never visits a page which is dull, less interactive and boring.... You need to bring all the elements in your page that can hook the audience.

- Promote your facebook page on other channels like twitter, on your own website
- Publish quality wall posts and engage consistently with your visitors
- Integrate your facebook news feeds on your own website.
- Use 'Like’ button on your website
- Use some available facebook applications or maybe develop your own
- Use Facebook Ads
- Create groups and participate in your niche related group
- Organize online contests
- Make the most of ‘Facebook Fan page Twitter application

You can use facebook ads...Also you can create a fan page for your website & then promote that page

Facebook is really nice option to promote your website. It must be attractive with proper information, ads, graphics & display more apps on it & follow twitter as well. Facebook is most popular social networking site.

It depends on your business. Let me give you an idea of a colleague. She's an Etsy seller, but she's also a mom, and she draws mommies to her fan page by posting mothering tips on a daily basis, even if she does not have a new item every day.

What do you do? What's your business? My main fan page was sitting idle on the water until I did two things:

1- I joined 2 Facebook groups on my niche and let them know I was around the Facebook neighborhood and everyone started "liking" my page as they came, took a look at it and liked what I had to offer.

2- Post often. That that was the tough thing for me! Posting several times a week keeps people coming and it gets you more visitors than even those who have subscribed to your page. I have thousands of visitors (according to Facebook stats)but only 360-some subscribers. So long as you can turn visits into conversions, you don't really care about that.

One last tip, get yourself some of those terrific Facebook apps (there are some great ones out there!) to make your page more interactive with your followers. I don't need those because I am really sending people to my blog, but if you want a strong Facebook presence, do what the big guys do.

Wish you well!

Facebook users never visits a page which is dull, less interactive and boring.... You need to bring all the elements in your page that can hook the audience.

- Promote your facebook page on other channels like twitter, on your own website
- Publish quality wall posts and engage consistently with your visitors
- Integrate your facebook news feeds on your own website.
- Use 'Like’ button on your website
- Use some available facebook applications or maybe develop your own
- Use Facebook Ads
- Create groups and participate in your niche related group
- Organize online contests
- Make the most of ‘Facebook Fan page Twitter application

I have found these tips really useful. Facebook is the most popular social site and it's very beneficial if one wants to promote or market on FB by using the given tips.

Social Media sites will help you to get connected with your friend over the web network. You can increase website traffic through these social media site as far as you used for the business promotion. Me too using Facebook and Twitter mostly for promotion of my website. These help me to get new unique visitor to my website which help me to get sales conversion.

I've been considering adding apps to my Facebook pages, but I haven't found any to adapt to it and I already have enough on my plate. What I'm doing to get traffic is to post often things that people in my niche really want. I'm thankful that they are coming! If any of you knows where one can download some free apps for Facebook, share it!

Create a page,post regular up dates and response to others comments.

This is quite useful information, the discussion is interesting. Almost every aspect is covered in the discussion.

commented: this is quite tedious sig spam, the comment is pointless, almost every aspect is pointless -3

Apps are a great way to increase engagement from the FB users and make your page viral. You can rather use existing apps or add a new one that represents your business (of course, you will need the help of a web developer).
Likes on FB do not necessarily mean an increase in sales automatically, but it increases customer awareness of products and services, which ultimately leads to conversions.

If any of you knows where one can download some free apps for Facebook, share it!

Facebook offers a page of social plugins at http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/. A few others that I've heard about include Tweets to Page, which displays a timeline of your recent tweets, and RSS Graffiti, which automatically posts wall updates when you have a new item in one of your fees.

I believe the basic versions of those are free.

Create a fan page for your website and increase the count of likes on that page

The best way to use Facebook is to make an impressive Facebook Page of your company or brand. In the mean time Facebook is the best way of Brand promotion and Facebook Page optimization is the first step of it.
Web Marketing company

I think through creating facebook fanpage and suggest it to your friends. You can generate traffic to your site that way

My experience on Facebook has been that you have to go where your target people are. I am in a very unlikely niche in some circles, which is handmade items. Yet, once I tapped into my real audience, I started to get fairly regular and good traffic. To do that, I joined several nice communities on FB which allowed me to post my blog updates. So people who are interested in what I have to offer can visit. That helped me to break through, and I did not have to spend a dime.

I would use FB search and try to figure out what groups or communities there are on your niche. I would join and start posting. I would also try to do the same online at large. Seek people on Twitter who are interested in your product. I would not seek other competitors, though. I think the one mistake internet marketers make is that they all hang out together, buying from one another and out-competing one another, and only a few make it. I think they ought to go to the rest of the internet population and offer their services to them.

For example, if you offer a product that will help new bloggers spruce up the appearance of their blog, if you have designed great opt-in pages or fantastic apps, that could get them tons of subscribers to their mailing list, hey, go to bloggers! Go where other bloggers congregate, don't go where other marketers are, and where everyone is competing for the same few fish!

One more thing, if you offer something visual, like knockout blog background papers, Etsy banners, or something like that, use also Flickr, StumbleUpon and Pinterest, you'd be surprised how well that goes! But it HAS to be something very visual and appealing to the eye at first sight.

Wish you the best.

Facebook is very good option for getting the traffic to your website:

commented: Really - yawn -3

Creating fanpage and link your website in and write some interesting content of facebook is neccessary and need more fans .

I highly recommend M Becky. He explained very well to increase the facebook traffic. Use like button, share button on your own website, blog. Also post interested things on the wal by creating a fanpage, then increase likes by increasing your friends. Also you can share you web 2.0 bookmarks and submitted articles to facebook, this article marketing will bring huge traffic from article sites. As many people on internet daily try to find new things to read. you can also share some good forum posts.

More traffic means more visitor on your site and it can slowly increase Google PR or rank.

Regards
Jaspal

If you want to increase your traffic in facebook you have to maintain your face book account very carefully.
You have to post the useful information try to make the friends etc.

It is a good way to get traffic by using Facebook. It is so simple in use simply post your link and content which you want to promote. And share it with your friends and other Facebook users

The key here is to connect! If you will try and connect with users out there, there is ntohing better! You can create a profile/page in Facebook and use it to connect to the niche based pages & people out there.. just dont post links otherwise after a while your page would look spammed and wont offer anything interesting for anybody

Facebook is one of the best way for increasing business traffic.Create page and post fresh and unique content on your page and share with friends

Facebook is one of the best way for increasing business traffic.Create page and post fresh and unique content on your page and share with friends

No, I beg to differ you. It is a good way to have another brochure site presentation of your site. It is not necessary that all your friends would be interested in your business. The Facebook page is good for creating a brand awareness of your product or your service, you can work hard to get a better and like-minded people who would be interested in using your product or services!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.