This post is a bit of a rant but also has legitimate purposes.

I am currently developing a Question and Answer forum/website which will allow people to post questions... and receive answers (nothing new, but hopefully shall get a handful of visits).
I have spent the past four days brain storming and trying to comeup with website names, something which can be remembered, and is short. The problem is domain parkers, people who have been in the game for ten or so years and get the 'good ones' and then do nothing with them, sometimes not even monetising them!

So far I have registered AnswrMe.com and .co.uk (Spelt without the E) out of pure frustration and excitement as the first one out of literally hundreds to come up as not being registered.
The problem with this domain is Answerme.com (a non existant website) is going to get the majority of visits as it is spelt correctly.

Can someone suggest some tips or actual domains for my project, any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AHarrisGSY

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Can someone suggest some tips or actual domains for my project, any response would be greatly appreciated.

You from UK so try this translator:

http://www.whoohoo.co.uk/yorkshire-translator.asp

Enter Answer and you will get Answa

There's other translator on the link so you can test it and you might find the "Roight 'un"

Haha! That is fantastic.

The only problem is, I'm now going to be talking with a North Yorkshire dialect.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

The only problem is, I'm now going to be talking with a North Yorkshire dialect.

It was just an suggestion. I think it's a bit hard too. I mean a Question and Answer forum/website you want people to remember the website name. Something that is easy to remember.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.