Hi

I am just about to launch a uk dating website the problem is with so many big companies out there what is the best way to get my brand out there I will be starting my own database of users as I don’t want to share profiles if any one has any ideas or any tips please let me know

Thanks Rick

jakobtruss commented: nice question +1

Recommended Answers

All 70 Replies

I launced a dating web site 4 months ago and got most of my marketing help from the company that built and manages my site. PM me for details.

Add your link for free, no link back required
Hello everyone
You can add your links to our search engine friendly directory at in my signature without the need for placing a link back, its easy, fast and painless!
Note: make sure to select the correct category when submitting your website.

commented: Pal u have to check the links at youe signature they didn't work anyMore!!! +0

Target social networking sites like myspace, these are the places people usually hang out most of the time. :lol:

you could start woth advertising locally, then submit to catalogs and on forums

First check out my fav dating site for more idea's:<url snipped>
try local laundrymats to post flyer, coffee shops and you could give out bumper stickers... ixlr8 :')

u need to have alteast a 10k budget in order to promote Dating website.. one time investment on marketing then you can ease on getting back what u spent .. try to implement affiliates section too .. so later on you dont need to do the hard work =)

Really that much to start promoting your dating website. I believe a quarter of that and some serious directory submissons, getting articles written and also sumitting that will all help. Last but not least is patience. After that just keep up with the marketing softly kinda like costing an already moving car. my 2 cents

J3awss
:cool:

u need to have alteast a 10k budget in order to promote Dating website.. one time investment on marketing then you can ease on getting back what u spent .. try to implement affiliates section too .. so later on you dont need to do the hard work =)

10K budget is required when the site is making at least 50K-60K revenues not from very beginning otherwise it would be just wastage. Most important thing is targeting, I would suggest to start with targeting “singles” (both sex) from your niche categories. ;)

there are numerous wayz 2 promote ur website or draw traffic to it.ur promotional events and marketing strategies shud be appealing enough to tempt others to visit ur website.put up some offers that wud interst viewers
regards
shuvayu
marketraisecorp
<snip false signature>

I do have 2 dating websites and using all necessary marketing startegies except adwords and overture. I paln to do that down the road since I am on a limited budget.
Richie

there are numerous wayz 2 promote ur website or draw traffic to it.ur promotional events and marketing strategies shud be appealing enough to tempt others to visit ur website.put up some offers that wud interst viewers
regards
shuvayu
marketraisecorp
<snip false signature>

I launced a dating web site 4 months ago and got most of my marketing help from the company that built and manages my site. PM me for details.

I am interested in promoting my site. Please tell me more about your services.

I think to join in a dating site directory is a good choice.

Here is :

<snip url>

As my past experience, I would like to suggest you to use social networking site.

This kind of site can play most effective role. most people are there for relationship and they are seeking to some one for friendship like relation so you can target your site there.

Put some interesting profile on your home page to attract people and extend their stay there.

Use instant messaging system and email messaging so any one join with Gmail or yahoo ID you can get all its contact list and send them mail to join too.

Try some unique Idea like create poll, use prize and free gift.

Hi

I am just about to launch a uk dating website the problem is with so many big companies out there what is the best way to get my brand out there I will be starting my own database of users as I don’t want to share profiles if any one has any ideas or any tips please let me know

Thanks Rick

First of all Congrats for your new dating website. There are lots of ways of advertising but you have to think yourself that how much amount you can effort for advertisement. So could you tell me your budget? Hope I will be able to suggest you a best way according to your budget.

Thanks!

Lifestyle magazines great. try to network with the magazine
editors and they'll feature u free. Send them a card
and introduce yourself :) I got 3 frens in the dating arena
earning 6 figures, bout $200,000 a year.

* You can try the blog commenting.
* Directory submission...
that two ways using increase your web traffic for your dating site.

I would recommend:
* Link exchange with other related sites.
* Make announcements in different forums and blogs.
* Do banner promotion or exchange
* PPC ad
* Social Networking Site like Myspace is a good place to promote your site.
* Starting from a local niche
* Make an ebook about dating guide and sell it on ebay.

Promoting a dating site is a hard work process, we have to really consistently submitting and promoting it.

I can tell you from personal experience that starting a dating site is A LOT of work!

Adsance and use affiliate program!!!!

:)

Use PPC, SEO, Viral Videos, Social Bookmarking, Link Exchanges, Directory Submissions.

Affiliate marketing and adsens is the best place for website promotion.

Affiliate marketing and adsens is the best place for website promotion.

As I sayed ;)

Without having a huge advertising budget then it is certainly a time consuming project to consistently promote an online dating site. As others have mentioned then social networking sites such as twitter, facebook and myspace can all play apart although there is always the risk of the profiles being deleted. If you can get things to go viral, whether through videos or jokes etc then the effects can be impressive. Good luck though!!

Create dating related articles and add them to article directories for promote it through social networking resources.

It is really good that you are creating your own website. Just make sure, especially when creating the webpages, to be extremely search engine friendly.

Directory submission, blog and article posting will help a lot

Learn it from me kiddo, if you don't market your dating site with paid and unpaid marketing/advertising, your site will not be very visited. I also recommend you to create a press release and promote yourself to local tv and online news channels and volunteer to talk about love and technology.

Exchanging link with relevant resources, add site in all high traffic generating forums through signature.

Dear i don't know how to promote this kind of sites on internet but i think you may do blogs as well as forums to do posting on internet to promote your site on the internet.

I hope you understand the idea.

But dating sites are more unsecure as compare to other sites that we have on the internet.

So please use this methods to promote your site.
I hope you will definately achieve you desired goals.

Reply me.

Hi

Thanks Rick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.