I believe I’ve actually invented a brand new form of web promotion and advertising.

It’s a lottery for websites where you win Visitors

It works like this:
You visit today’s winning site to find the secret word which follows the “Phrase”

Then you can enter your website along with your secret word from your content and a phrase/clue (the 3 words before the secret word)

If you win everyone will have to visit your website to find your secret word.

That’s it,

I launched it today it’s a bit raggy around the edges - I thought we could discuss the idea or something

Roy

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What is the user going to win? What kind of incentives are there for people to do this?

This sounds like an intriguing idea. Tell me more about how this lottery would work.

Lansing

What is the user going to win? What kind of incentives are there for people to do this?

To enter the lottery one must visit today’s winning website and find the secret word.
So the winner receives visitors to their website looking for the secret word.
For example : if a thousand people enter the lottery they all will need to visit the winning website, so the winning website gets a thousand extra visitors. Visitors who actually read the content looking for the secret word.
The incentive is to win a boost in visitors to your website.

In addition to winning a boost in visitors, all winners get a link on the past winners page, links are important from a page ranking point of view, especially none reciprocal or one way links.

Mr wizard

This sounds like an intriguing idea. Tell me more about how this lottery would work.

The idea is up and running you can enter today the link is in my signature

cheers

Roy

It might help to get backlinks but I dont think their will be repeat visitors on particular site. Its seems a sort of linkbaiting to me but I dont think the links can be considered as natural links by google.

life,get,a rearrange if you can

Rearranging may not bring a solutions, you should come out with solutions by making changes, btw "experienced based intelligence are being used by ordinary people".

quite interesting one

The system is a bit slow for me.

I am also confused what the incentive is. It seems that it would be really hard for the system to grow to any scale that would deliver a relatively substantial number of visitors to any of the websites. Or am I just missing something?

am I just missing something?

Probably you are missing the power of linkbaiting, viral marketing and word of mouth.

I think that is a great idea!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.