Well my website has been running for the past 2 months or so. Number of users has climbed up steadily but traffic is somewhat endemically low.

I mean I have just about pulled out every trick that star webmasters have taught me but well burning a hole in the pocket seems to be the only outcome.

Writing articles, reciprocal links ....

What would you suggest?

Well many people have told me that my site is unique and has a pretty decent design. Yet it doesn't seem to take off?

Its leaving a bit of a bad taste in me.

What would be your advice? Continue to wait or close and sell the site?

Site in Question

Smikioo - Yourself through other's eyes
http://smile.frensync.com
:confused::confused::confused:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

2 months is nothing in Internet time. Be patient and keep promoting your site. Eventually it will pay off.

my forums site is 3 days old & i already have 2 new members, they both are moderators now.

2 months is nothing in Internet time. Be patient and keep promoting your site. Eventually it will pay off.

I agree. It takes ages for search engines to index your site and then get your site a good rank.

In the meantime I propose you also use word-of-mouth promotion. Nothing too fancy, just tell your friends about it and keep informing people you know about it.

I agree. Don't give up. It took a full year before DaniWeb expanded to more than 10 people chatting among themselves.

continue on. 2 months is really a short time. traffic will increase in time

Hello dear,

PATIENCE PAYS. Its just two months and you are worried give some time to your site if you say it has the capabilities it will get better ranking and traffic , try and update contents whenever you can, build links so that more sites direct traffic to your site and then you can have those desired results.
We are a Search Engine Optimizing company.I've PM'd you so that you can go through our services.

Naila

i started seeing regular traffic on my forum after around 7-8 months of hard work. The thing is not to lose sight and stop working. Internet is one medium where hard work always pays off.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.