Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but what what I have seen so far it looks good. My wife and I launched our website in January, and since then I have been learning SEO , trying to promote the site without spending too much money. I can't believe how many crooks are out there, guaranteeing Google page 1 rankings etc. I have found the best way to attract customers to our site is to write articles/blogs, whatever you want to call them, and submit them to sites like Squidoo, Zimbio, Gather etc. These sites are very Google friendly, and it does not take long before you see results. Anyone know of any similar sites to these ? There must be more out there. Thanks for the great forum, micklanna

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Welcome here.

So, you want some more website which can provide you the free space to write your blog entries.. You can use blogger.com and wordpress.com in this context.

best of luck.

I think what he means is he writes the articles on his own site, and then submits them to syndication services.

You might wish to try something like AddThis.com. We use it here on DaniWeb ... it's that little Bookmark button that appears at the bottom right of the first post of every thread. It allows our users to add our articles to their favorite syndication services ... Digg, Google, etc.

What you need to be careful of when submitting all of your stories yourself is that you could end up getting blacklisted for submission spam over a period of time ... submission spam is basically when you keep submitting all of your own stories. These "Web 2.0" websites operate off of the concept of community, where people submit unbiased stories from all different sources.

If you're going to submit yourself, though, mix them in well with other really good stories that you enjoyed from other websites.

In any case, that's the beauty of including syndication icons next to all of your stories to encourage your readers to spread your stories for you. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising on the web. It's low cost and comes very credible. And if your stories are really good, then you'll eventually get a following, you'll get them syndicating your articles for you, and your articles will start to rank well in the search engines to boot. You can't go wrong.

Some other news mashup sites include:
www.digg.com
www.reddit.com
www.del.icio.us

Thank you both for the response. I would be lost without forums like this one.
micklanna

Thanks for the tips. Squidoo and Zimbio is the site that give traffic for the site. You may try using Netscape, Technorati and social news site .

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum, but what what I have seen so far it looks good. My wife and I launched our website in January, and since then I have been learning SEO , trying to promote the site without spending too much money. I can't believe how many crooks are out there, guaranteeing Google page 1 rankings etc. I have found the best way to attract customers to our site is to write articles/blogs, whatever you want to call them, and submit them to sites like Squidoo, Zimbio, Gather etc. These sites are very Google friendly, and it does not take long before you see results. Anyone know of any similar sites to these ? There must be more out there. Thanks for the great forum, micklanna

Paid advertisements or paid promotion does not work with me. Aside from not having money to use :D, I prefer my own advertising strategy.

Especially in link building and blog and forum posting, it is always good to do promotion by yourself.

I did never spend any amount in promoting any of my sites.
Here is a sample of motivational article why self promotion is better than paid advertising.
http://www.myseoblog.net/2007/11/20/my-1-month-old-site-ranked-3rd-on-the-first-page-of-google/

Sir, you can try blog.co.uk, typod, facebook and Furl sites to get promotion and traffic for your website.

Hope this will help you a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.