What is going on?
My traffic has more than doubled from yesterday to today. In fact it has been a steady and predictable count for the last few months, but today it just went crazy...

All of the extra traffic has come from google search results.. So there can't be a problem with google adsense wondering where the visitors came from.

Is this how it happens...Will I finally get the traffic I hoped for?
Or do you think its just a lucky day.

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

Do you update often?

Most likely something got indexed and is a common term.

Keep at it and congrats!

It usually happen that there is an increase and goes down of traffic. Traffic depends on how you do the link building or the promotion of your site. It is good that your traffic is came from google search result because it means that it is a organic results.

What is going on?
My traffic has more than doubled from yesterday to today. In fact it has been a steady and predictable count for the last few months, but today it just went crazy...

All of the extra traffic has come from google search results.. So there can't be a problem with google adsense wondering where the visitors came from.

Is this how it happens...Will I finally get the traffic I hoped for?
Or do you think its just a lucky day.

Don't question it :) Just keep doing what you're doing.

Yeah I am so happy!!
My hard work is finally being found!!!

It is good that your traffic is came from google search result because it means that it is a organic results.

Because the traffic is coming from google is it more permanent than other traffic sources? I would hate for it to disappear one day...

If I continue what I am doing it should be ok...

Pls share what you did to get increase in traffic with us.

Well the main thing is that I just keep adding content...
I am getting picked up for so many different keywords because I have alot of pages.. (probably not compared to some)

I also went through my my site and fixed any broken links and errors.. Still have a few errors though...

I have also been building backlinks, however they are not for traffic purposes because, for me, nothing compares to google traffic.

The main thing would still be content...And real content!!! Not just a title with a few lines..

Trust me, I am not an expert. I am learning new things everyday.

I'm also doing the same, the age of your site also matters.

Good on you!
However, don't be too excited as ranking is changed like the weather, today is good, next week is down. It is pretty normal.
Just do what you are doing ( rich content ) no matter it is going up or down.
Good luck!

You quite right the ranking is always up and down.

it means only one thing, your site is not yet well optimize!

it means only one thing, your site is not yet well optimized!

I hope it stays around because my google earnings have improved as well..

I am still just adding content every day!

I hope it stays around because my google earnings have improved as well..

I am still just adding content every day!

Lucky for you.

it means only one thing, your site is not yet well optimized!

How do you know that??? Give me some ideas on what isn't optimized because I have built this site from scratch while learning at the same time. I know it is a bit of a mess... but if I can get some tips, that would be great!!

Tips4pc

Thats right .... It is all very unpredictable!!!

My site is on 4 months old so I am just happy that it is growing so fast.

If anyone's got any other suggestions on how to improve my traffic, I would love to here...

Thanks to forums like this, I have learnt so much about SEO.

i can not call this lucky day but fruits of your job :)

congratulations

Thanks GDI..
Now I am thinking that if I can double my content I could double my traffic again? What do you think?

Thanks GDI..
Now I am thinking that if I can double my content I could double my traffic again? What do you think?

You also need to double your link exchange, it been working fine for my new site, i move up from 130 to 88 that's very good for a 7 weeks old site.

Hm its quite strabge to get 2x in one day ...

I keep moving up, i'm now in page 5 still 8weeks old.

OBA your site is moving fast. Good luck to you!

I really think my traffic has something to do with fixing broken links. If my site was optimized properly in the first place I would have had the traffic sooner!!!

Hey,
I'm now in google top 10 for my keywords, 1st page.

Do you have a Google webmaster account. If not, get one. Build your xml site-map and submit it to Google.

Good work thats all i can say. We do a lot of work on search engine optimization or our website but traffic increase have only been modest after an initial surge in traffic. I think you will never go wrong with adding new quality content to your website.

I doing that already adding fresh contents everyday.

congratulations,
if its from google search results dont worry ;)

When I originally started this post my traffic had doubled, however now its tripled. I am still adding content, not everyday like I was, but every week for sure..
I think as the site gets older it gets picked up by more people...

When you look at the stats of where the visitors came from it says no referring link for 50 to 100 people everyday. I didn't know what this meant but my friend seems to think that it means people have it as thier home page...
What do you think?

I think so, i'm having the same in my stats.

Thats great!!!
I really should work more on it to keep the ball rolling.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.