Member Avatar for DavidCoyne

I would like opinions from people who have used the Spacky keyword tool (spacky.com). I've entered several keywords and find the monthly Google volume search for the keywords to be
disproportionate high compared to Trellian's Keyword Discovery tool (keyworddiscovery.com).
Any thoughts?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would like opinions from people who have used the Spacky keyword tool (spacky.com). I've entered several keywords and find the monthly Google volume search for the keywords to be
disproportionate high compared to Trellian's Keyword Discovery tool (keyworddiscovery.com).
Any thoughts?

Well, if you go to the Google Keyword tool at https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal - and compare with the results from www.spacky.com, you will see that they match. I would believe Google's results for their own search engine over Trellian's - so I would say spacky.com is right. They also allow you to copy the results and they have Overture and MSN results too.

Member Avatar for DavidCoyne

Can I ask what keywords you're comparing? I entered the term "marketing communications."

Spacky monthly search volume results:

Google Keyword Tool monthly volume:

That's a difference of 121,000. Not exactly close in my book, but what do others think?

Can I ask what keywords you're comparing? I entered the term "marketing communications."

Spacky monthly search volume results:

Google Keyword Tool monthly volume:

That's a difference of 121,000. Not exactly close in my book, but what do others think?

It looks like the data was just exported because now I am getting matching results with Google.

I would use multiple keyword tools. This will give you a better idea or how many searches and how the term is. Some tools list term in different order so i like to make sure by using at least 2 to see if terms are correct and have that many searches.

Some popular keyword tools:

Adwords Keyword tool
Word Tracker
Keyword Discover
SerpAnalytics

SerpAnalytics is newer than all, although it is performing good for me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.