Hi,

Google has unveiled “Google Wave”.

Google Wave is in designing state and it was a developer preview.
It is expected to be launched by the end of this month.

Google wave is another product by the creator of Google Map.

It is a html5 Application. It is the combination of gmail and google docs.

Read the full story here:

http://www.ideazpod.com/2009/06/08/developer-preview-of-the-google-wave/

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sounds like a great concept/idea. I'm going to check this out and read the article you have shared. Thank you; it really sounds interesting.

I just checked out the official Google Wave page and I have two thought right off the bat. First, as it looks like multiple people can all be on the same conversation adding content at will at any point in the message this will need some heavy refining if google is hoping to have any part of the business community adopt it (beyond a tool for remote collaboration by programmers who will probably adopt this quickly because of the open source nature of the product). Second, and probably the more important point, is that if this is heavily adopted in a short period of time and because Google plans on giving anyone and everyone the ability to develop apps and widgets at will, how soon will it be before we see apps for any of the various mobile devices and phones.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.