A counterpart of mine at another company who is giving me SEO advice suggested that I set up a schedule to refresh the content on my sites on a regular basis. As the search engines love fresh content this is definitely a good practice but how often should it be done? For example, one of my clients sells a particular software app and they have pages for 10 different vertical markets where the software would be beneficial and that they have sold into before. My counterpart suggested that I not only refresh and possible re-write the content on the site every 2 to 3 months but that I should also focus on one page a day so that each day the website is presenting new content and the search engines will continually re-rank our site. Has anyone else done this refresh on content on a regular data and if so how often.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have done constant refresh on one of my websites based on two factors:
1. If there is anything really new and of value to add
2. Trends - If I have something to contribute based on some new trends or findings, then I took advantage and wrote about this and referred to the original source. So when people are looking for info on the original source, people may also find my website.

I have done constant refresh on one of my websites based on two factors:
1. If there is anything really new and of value to add
2. Trends - If I have something to contribute based on some new trends or findings, then I took advantage and wrote about this and referred to the original source. So when people are looking for info on the original source, people may also find my website.

What you are doing makes sense. What my colleague recommends is to go in freshen up the content (rewrite paragraphs), which is no problem for me as I am my own worst critic when it comes to my writing. What about changing graphics (not charts or informational graphics) such as different views for screen shots? Would that also qualify under freshening up the content?

Search engines definitely like seeing fresh contents added to the websites while they are crawling the net and this could be the reason why they are hitting and visiting the regularly updated websites like forums on a constant basis but in addition to the content pages, websites also need to have links pointing at them for rankings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.