Hi,

I have a question concerning SEO optimization for this website : www.filebuzz.com .
The site has aprox 60.000 products listed, but aprox 4.500.00 pages indexed in google ( site:filebuzz.com ) .

I've noticed on certain pages different anchor links that are generating pages for the same content.
An example here www.filebuzz.com/files/Vb.net_Poker/1.html
They are mixing randomly same products under different anchor text llinks (Poker - Superb Multi Table Poker Tournaments (hold\'em - Full Tilt Poker Sign Up Bonus Poker - Poker - Poker Pro - Wow Poker - Jeu Poker - Fun Poker - Vb.net Poker - Poker En C - Ai In Poker ).

I would like to know if, from your point of view this is in accordance with Google politics or is black hat SEO.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Spamdexing (also known as search spam or search engine spam)[1] involves a number of methods, such as repeating unrelated phrases, to manipulate the relevancy or prominence of resources indexed by a search engine, in a manner inconsistent with the purpose of the indexing system.[2][3] Some consider it to be a part of search engine optimization, though there are many search engine optimization methods that improve the quality and appearance of the content of web sites and serve content useful to many users.[4] Search engines use a variety of algorithms to determine relevancy ranking. Some of these include determining whether the search term appears in the META keywords tag, others whether the search term appears in the body text or URL of a web page. Many search engines check for instances of spamdexing and will remove suspect pages from their indexes. Also, people working for a search-engine organization can quickly block the results-listing from entire websites that use spamdexing, perhaps alerted by user complaints of false matches. The rise of spamdexing in the mid-1990s made the leading search engines of the time less useful.

Is it allowed by Google as optimization method ?

This sound a little sneaky and definitely dark gray hat SEO. I defer to Canada Fred for the final word on this one as he seems to have a good handle on what is black hat.

It's a GreyHat technique. Should the content of webpages be just a mishmash of the content of other webpages then eventually (or perhaps even already) the search engine will realize this and demerit or give merit to webpages as appropriate.

Thanks for making the things clear canafred

Black Hat SEO uses illegal ways just to get back links.. Some of the techniques of black Hat SEO are the following:

1. Cloaking
2. Link-farms
3. Spamming
4. Uses hidden text

Black Hat SEO uses illegal ways just to get back links.. Some of the techniques of black Hat SEO are the following:

1. Cloaking
2. Link-farms
3. Spamming
4. Uses hidden text

Not to dwell on semantics but lets be clear, there are no laws against black hat techniques. There are consequences and penalties but so far there are no laws on the books.

it is somewhat blackhat yet a white hat.. and i think it si called gray hat

Black Hat search engine optimization is defined as techniques that are used to get higher search rankings in an unethical manner.

Black Hat SEO are persons who are doing spamming to give indirect traffic to our site. To promote traffic they are breaking rule and regulation, and using spider techniques for this. Their main aim is to promote site on another site and build more and more back links to site to increase page rank of site and increase business.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.