Yet another day I've never heard of until Google changed their usual logo to blue and white, with the alt text = "World Water Day".

After doing some research I learned that in 1992 the UN declared 3/22 World Water Day to raise awareness that over 400 million children in the world live without clean and safe water. This represents approximately 21% of the world's population under 18.

For obvious reasons, the official website is inaccessable today - www.worldwaterday.org

Interestingly, in todays news, NASA announced the development of technology that recycles sweat and other bodily fluids into pure water. NASA plans on utilizing this technology to aid tsunami victims and Iraqi village dwellers - long before used in outer space.

Visit a respectable organization such as www.savethechildren.org if you would like to make a difference in solving this world crisis.

yeah i just noticed it too, i love Google so much:) so inventive with their logo:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.