Hi to all,

I just want your reviews on the question-

Should blog comment be there or not?
As many of the blogs are with "no follow" tag, Do you think posting in blogs help us in gaining rankings? Or its just a waste of time?

If your intention is to build links and traffic, then the answer would be less Yes and More No. I guess blogs are slowly going all no-follow these days, and Google doesn't count them especially when they are not related anymore.

But it all depends on technique I guess.

I hope this helps.

I think even nofollow backlinks would help your sites in SERP though it would not help in PR. :)

I think no-follow links just not worth your much time. There are still many blogs that using do-follow tag, so you can find them and leave comments. According to my experience, that's really effective. Keep on doing, you will get the result soon.

The important thing there is not to make your posts look spammy. Even it’s no-follow, traffic is the main concern here as to generate more leads, sales and revenue from any third party ads you attach there.

The important thing there is not to make your posts look spammy. Even it’s no-follow, traffic is the main concern here as to generate more leads, sales and revenue from any third party ads you attach there.

I agree on not making your comments on blogs to spammy but your second point is more dependent on the product or service being sold. For example, one of my customers sells an enterprise-wide, erp/accounting solution. The sales support team and tech people will go out and comment on blogs, in Linkedin Groups and in forums like DaniWeb but the increase in leads and revenues is downstream from that. The main goal of the commenting is to build a reputation for the company of being knowledgeable in certain verticals. This will then hopefully increase site traffic to the corporate site and maybe also gleam some leads out of this. The other way the comments are used by sales are as follow up info on sales calls. For example, after the initial sales call the salesman would follow up with an e-mail linking to a blog post that is relevant to their business and point out that one of the techs made an excellent point in his or her comment. The goal there is that the potential client begins to develop confidence in the capabilities of the company and its people.

Blog commenting is useful even if it is no follow because there me some chances to get some traffic to your site.

Please read the following url by Google Webmaster Central Blog. Google considers commenting on blogs as spam. Please read it and get enlightened.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/11/hard-facts-about-comment-spam.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FamDG+(Official+Google+Webmaster+Central+Blog)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Thanks

Thanks Allison - this is an excellent resource! But to clarify - Google does NOT consider ALL comments as spam. Though, the issue has become so great, they mostly disregard comment links. In the article, they bring more attention to the issue and offer ways to combat blog spammers.

More importantly, they speak directly to comment spammers, telling them that the best way to increase rankings is to provide original and useful content and making a site that is search engine friendly. Bottom line, Comment spamming will NOT get you better rankings or higher visibility.

Blog commenting is really very important for link building for a particular keyword.It is important as other processes for SEO.
Traffic is not concerned with blog commenting.

Blog commenting is really very important for link building for a particular keyword.It is important as other processes for SEO.
Traffic is not concerned with blog commenting.

Users should NOT comment on blogs for the sole purpose of Link building or SEO. Users that do this are considered to be Spammers.

The best way to obtain links is to earn them. And the best way to earn them is to build a useful and worthwhile resource.

Yes, I think blog commenting plays a very important role for link building activities

Ofcourse, blog commenting is extremely essential. It should be done!

I guess blogs are slowly going all no-follow these days, and Google doesn't count them especially when they are not related anymore.

Blog commenting on .edu forums is most effective.

If your intention is to create links and traffic, then the answer would be smaller and more Yes No, I think blogs are slowly going all the non-observance of these days, and Google does not count, especially when they are not bound over.

Well as far as you are not spamming that is you are not commenting just to get backlink, blog commenting can be a useful activity if comments are added being a useful source..

yes it can be done. it is not much beneficial. actually it is depend on category of blogs. and comment that you are going to make.it should not be like spam.

Blog commenting play an important of keyword ranking, if you can do it right way smartly. all blog comment is not spam. For blog commenting firstly choose related blog
then comment on these blog which are dofollow. Keep in mind that your comment add the value. But find out related dofollow blog is really difficult.

Hi......!

If you want to increase the traffic towards your website and
want to get good backlinks then there is a need of blog commenting..
Blog commenting very essential for link building for a particular keyword of your website..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.