Hi,

I have 2 questions about domain names and SEO.

1. I have www myname co uk with Google Page Rank 5 and come as the first website in Google search results for xxx keyword in UK. If I buy www myname com will it come as first website in Google search results for xxx keyword in other countries?

2. If I buy www myname com should I submit this new link to all search engines with exactly same information I used for www myname co uk ? Would it be problem?

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There is no such thing in google search engine algorithm.

Hi,

I have 2 questions about domain names and SEO.

1. I have www myname co uk with Google Page Rank 5 and come as the first website in Google search results for xxx keyword in UK. If I buy www myname com will it come as first website in Google search results for xxx keyword in other countries?

2. If I buy www myname com should I submit this new link to all search engines with exactly same information I used for www myname co uk ? Would it be problem?

Thanks in advance

1. Maybe. Try and see what happens. 2. May have duplicate content issue. I would suspect your first web site would dominate.

Yes, can be consider duplicate content. If you set the domain with a redirection, search engines only will rank the domain that has the best backlinks. You can get more quality backlinks and get your .co.uk rank wel in google.com too.

For 1st question, I think such thing would not happen unless you 301 redirect your old domain to the new one;
For 2nd question, duplicating websites are not allowed on almost all search engines. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.