Yesterday two products were introduced in our ecommerce website. When I bookmarked those two products, the bookmarking appeared immediately in the 1st place in Google (not our website). It vanished today. It did not show up till the 5th page of Google and also other search engines.

As a follow up, I have issued press releases. One of the press releases also appeared in the 4th place for that product. But again, the press released appeared in the 1st page and not my website.

Of course, I have not added the products in the sitemap and submitted it to Google.

But there are two three websites which were ranked better for this Keyword. What would be my probable issue. What should I do to rectify.

I look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

So what is the problem? That google is constantly changing especially news type feeds?

...the bookmarking appeared immediately in the 1st place in Google (not our website). It vanished today. It did not show up till the 5th page of Google and also other search engines...
Thanks in advance.

I surmise, in my mind's ... eye, a new search engine results page effect. Can someone pass me my pipe please? No, not that one.

Let's see. How to start this? Maybe I should just forget it. Hell, I guess I'll share it. This is insane. This is all wrong. I can't possibly want to do this ...

Ok I'll entitle it:
The Pre-Sandboxing Web History Fart SERP Reality Check Effect for New Webpages (that's PSWHFSRCENW for short).

Sandboxing refers to the state of suspended value that some search engines allocate to new web pages; until they are deemed credible enough to reward their merited ranking value.

Now, I admit, this might be a little far-fetched. A Web History fart occurs when you've visited a webpage often, even finding it through the search engine, maybe frequently. The search engine determines that you lare interested in the web pages and pumps it up the rankings to facilitate your search results viewing pleasure. All of a sudden a brand new, valueless page propels to the top, according to your search.

The reality check is that your web page merits 5th page status because it hasn't acquired authenticity yet.

ATTN: SEO ADVICE (proceed at own risk)

Stop searching, do a little SEO studyin' and start building. When you are finished doing that, perform a handful of test searches. Then go back to reading and practicing SEO and build, create for your qualified traffic that will come.

Right, Google like those fresh contents from those big platform and blogs but they usually not last for long because they themselves changes a lot within minutes. :)

Have a nice day,

Don`t worry, google takes a couple of a days or maybe weeks to identify and index a website depends on different factors obviously. SEO, backlinks, competition... bookmarks and press releases sometimes getting better results inmediatly because the PR of the website is high but after a pair of hours starts to get down in the ranking.

Ok I'll entitle it:
The Pre-Sandboxing Web History Fart SERP Reality Check Effect for New Webpages (that's PSWHFSRCENW for short).

Sandboxing refers to the state of suspended value that some search engines allocate to new web pages; until they are deemed credible enough to reward their merited ranking value.

Now, I admit, this might be a little far-fetched. A Web History fart occurs when you've visited a webpage often, even finding it through the search engine, maybe frequently. The search engine determines that you lare interested in the web pages and pumps it up the rankings to facilitate your search results viewing pleasure. All of a sudden a brand new, valueless page propels to the top, according to your search.

The reality check is that your web page merits 5th page status because it hasn't acquired authenticity yet.

ATTN: SEO ADVICE (proceed at own risk)

Stop searching, do a little SEO studyin' and start building. When you are finished doing that, perform a handful of test searches. Then go back to reading and practicing SEO and build, create for your qualified traffic that will come.

I won't quote you on this one. Google has been known to be
(1) erratic and
(2) to give more value to a new page.

But yes, it seems that they have a holding period, and hopefully that holding period will get you seen by different people who are interested in your product.

Does this mean that it makes good sense to stagger your press releases? Release one or two today then tomorrow?

If your theory holds, it might. Plus the fact that it will keep your steady increase in backlinks up.

As to the original question, if other pages YOU created gets ranked on google, albeit temporarily, why not have these same content on your site first? Then just spin the content for your press releases?

I think it is quite natural and normal.

Google changes the rank constantly and they like fresh contents.

You need just to do more work about link building.

Google tends to favour listings in their Google Checkout. It might be due to that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.