Okay so I am trying a stradegy someone posted on here about starting a site and then adding 100 or so pages at the rate of 1 per day. It is been 5 days and 5 pages later and googlebot has not looked at my site. The old site is still cached from June 28th! NO. Anyways, should I keep adding pages to this site or wait for Googlebot to hit it then keep adding pages?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Try improving your backlinks

If you obtain backlinks from sites that are crawled often, your site will be crawled more often. It's as simple as that.

Alright, I did that. MSN, Yahoo, Dogpile, etc. all have the new version of my site but Google does not...hmmm...

Patience. Keep adding links. Try pointing some of them at deeper pages rather than all of them just at the index. This can help encourage Google to look deeper.

Who gave you the 1-page-a-day strategy? That's wacked.

The bigger the site the better -- make as many pages as you can as soon as you can, and try to have them all link to each other so when a bot comes in it gets everything.

And whatever you do, don't forget to have a site map that shows every page.

Isn't the guideline for the development of a site as 'natural' as possible, ie. avoid developing 100's a day through the content /page generating software out there?? Hence, dont go to mad uploading page after page after page.

I agree that a site map is an invaluable tool and that an excellent internal linking structure is a must, particularly if you also use anchor text links focused on your keywords but relevent to the page content.

Well the googlebot is always at mine, and 12 weeks later, it still doesnt show up in the listings :eek:

Are you sure? In Google try typing site:www.yoursitename.com.au (insert your URL of course) to see if your site is in the G* index. Just because you're not showing up in the search results you'd like doesn't mean you're not there.

lol yes I am sure, it just comes up and says site does not exsist!!
I was in adwords for a few weeks, and was coming up on the side there, but still if you typed in my url, I do not exist.
:(
We show up on yahoo.... not very well, we need to work on rankings, cos no-one would find us, but we are there...

Care to post the URL so we can take a look, dont just post it as a direct link would advise non clickable format as I am not sure what the admin/mods would make of posting a link on the forums..must re read the rules :D

Suggest : www[.]domain[.]com etc taht way we can look but you will not be spamming..

it's << url snipped >>

Although it's finally showing up when I search from home!
I searched when I went to Melbourne on the weekend (2 hours away from home) and it wasnt there.... but at least it is showing up now...
WOOT WOOT WOOT
only took 12 weeks :eek:

Yay my site got crawled. I am on page 6-13 for all the keywords i am targeting, I got some work to do. I guess it's time to start getting some back links and do a little more optimization. Thanks for the replies!

I've had decent success to get Google to list my new website, but ofcourse Yaghoo and MSN are giving me better ratings atm. I hear Google ratings improve with time.

Isn't the guideline for the development of a site as 'natural' as possible, ie. avoid developing 100's a day through the content /page generating software out there?? Hence, dont go to mad uploading page after page after page.

Google and the other search engines know that site development in most cases takes place outside of the World Wide Web, which means that big authentic sites get launched every day. So there isn't any risk associated with launching a big site as soon as possible and all at once.

yeahh Google is giving me a hard time as well... I got listed on MSN, Yahoo, etc.. with few keywords and I'm coming up there other than just typing in the URL, which is nice to see. I'm nowhere to be found on Google with keywords.

For any of you with new sites, they are probably in the Google Sandbox. That will limit the site's ability to rank well for competitive search phrases for probably 5 to 8 months, and possibly longer for the most competitive search phrases.

A Google rep at the recent SES conference indicated that the Sandbox is triggered by certain activities. He didn't elaborate on that, but aggressive link building with a new site is believed to be the trigger.

Good to see that my site comes up.

Defenitely grab some backlinks. Submit an article to EzineArticles.com (An article directory that is crawled by Google often) Submitting articles is a great way to get one-way backlinks and get some Google activity. Also, if you have any other sites, put a link to your new site on those.

Best of Luck!

- Alli Ross

Also, if you have any other sites, put a link to your new site on those.

Yeah... my new sites always get crawled quite quickly because i add a small text link to the bottom of all my well established sites.

Hi...My website also has same problem....Google is showing my website all inner pages except home page.....I don't want is the problem If any body can help me please let me know......my website is persona-fns.com

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.