Hello,

When I create a new article and post it in my blog, then I submit it to social bookmarking sites. I usually submit about 40 social bookmarking sites.

My question is,

how often do I submit to these social bookmarking sites?
should I break them to submit 10 social bookmarking sites per day?
or
should I submit all 40 social bookmarking sites a day?

Which method is better to index my site or blog?

Thanks very much!
Have a nice day!

Recommended Answers

All 25 Replies

For me bookmarking is one of the best methods to quick index. Is better to submit 10 bookmarks per day and maybe complement this work with article marketing.

I think you should spread out your efforts. Do not, by any means, do all forty social bookmarks the same day. Do not get me wrong, it won't be harmful or anything like that, but you want to make sure you submit enough links to be indexed EACH DAY, and not all of the links to be indexed in one day.

I usually submit to about 15-20 each of my posts....I`m using an automatic software ( onlywire.com )

In my own experiences, it is OK to submit your new post links to all the social bookmarking sites since they are different sites. One thing I would like to mention would be don't only bookmark your own pages on the same domain since this might lead to a ban of your accounts on those bookmarking sites.

Have a nice day,

Submitting 40 site is not good. You can do max of 15 to 20 sites.

Who said that we can submit only 15-20?? i dont think so!!!
Keep doing your submission! It will work for you!

Cheers!
Oz

I'm extending that question, if we need more traffic how many bookmarking per URL is enough. Whether there are chances to be considered as spam if we do lot of bookmarking for a single URL.

I'm extending that question, if we need more traffic how many bookmarking per URL is enough. Whether there are chances to be considered as spam if we do lot of bookmarking for a single URL.

Any effort to drive traffic through social bookmarking is considered Spam. Steer clear of these tactics..

You should submit your articles as often as possible, the more you get your message out there the more likely you are to drive traffic to your site and get noticed and ranked higher by the search engines.

You should submit your articles as often as possible, the more you get your message out there the more likely you are to drive traffic to your site and get noticed and ranked higher by the search engines.

I disagree.. the likelihood of articles getting picked up and shared is very low (unless they are really, really good). I don't think Social Bookmarking can be considered as a legitimate way of driving qualified traffic. The best most people will get is a small spike of unqualified traffic and a few links. Not exactly ideal for generating sales or whatever you are after.

The biggest factor in being able to generate a high volume of traffic through social bookmarking is Quality of content. But even with that, you'll only get a small percent of qualified leads. In conclusion, social bookmarking for traffic (and links) is a waste of time. Sorry folks :)

No there is no harm in submitting 40 different social bookmarking sites. But one thing you must consider that the text, I mean the description you write should not be the same in all places. Try to write something different from other places. But that also need to be very relevant with your posting.

you can build your links everyday. submit your links on all marketing avenues, not just social bookmarking sites, you can also do blog commenting, article submission, social networking and directory submission.

ya i think 10 to 15 is healthy for a day ..

i am agree with jgand you should submit your article as often as possible it will help you to get traffic on your article.

I Book mark mine usually 9 or 10, it really owrks

You can submit 40 social bookmarking site in one day. T think there is no limit is submission per day.

The more the better, but you have to participate on other techniques as well like article submission, blog commenting, press release, etc.

You can submit your link on many book marking site, but you cant submit same link on same site once again.

Choose the best 10 social bookmarking sites and try to change the title or description on each post if its possible (some sites allow you to alter titles, tags and description). I also agree on article marketing to go with this SEO strategy.

I have a plugin on my wordpress "AddtoAny" which allows me to add my posts to all of my social networks pretty easy. My users can do the same, this is pretty standard on blogs now. I usually submit each article to about 7 social networks per day : )

Excess of anything is harmful so it is good to if you do social bookmarking on daily basis rather submitting in bulk in one day. You can add one page everyday for getting good results from bookmarkings.

Hi,
I think submission in 10 useful and popular social bookmarking sites is better compare to submit in 40 non popular sites. It's save your time and will be more helpful to increase traffic.

Daily 10 will work and you will not considered as a spammer....

I usually work up to 20-30 per day and i didn't find any problem.

I usually submit around 30-40 everyday and i am getting good results from it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.