We have many software tools on our website, however it feels bore to explain all of my products SEO success. Instead, I thought of sharing SEO experience of my online exam software.

Product: Skill Evaluation Lab is a Online Test Management Software to create and conduct computer based online examination. It is a most powerful user friendly test generator, exam generator educational software available in the academic market at affordable price.

Challenge: We want to achieve top results for Skill Evaluation Lab product. We are targeting "online exam software" keyword in Google which has over 12,600,000 competing websites and "online test software" keyword which has over 62,000,000 competing websites.

Our SEO Process and steps:

Step 1: First we started looking high ranking keywords for online test/exam software tools and decided to concentrate on online exam software (keyword 1) and online test software (keyword 2) since they are more competitive than other keywords.

Step 2: We need to increase linking count and popularity to reach our target audiences over the web. So we decided to put two separate pages for each keyword (online test software and online exam software) with different editions of Skill Evaluation Lab.

Step 3: We completed page contents with relevant keywords and page name also saved with keyword as the file name. Folder name also reflects keyword name.

Step 4: Completed keyword addition into title, Meta and img alt tags.

Step 5: Created PAD XML (product info for download sites) for both products.

Step 6: Submitted press release to PR sites. Note that PR can be published immediately in Google search results (you can see News Results in first page of Google). Just exactly after a day we got our first sale for this product from online. Excited!

Step 7: Submitted PAD XML into downloads directories. Got 400+ affiliates for marketing our products by PAD submission. Got one more sale via affiliate.

Step 8: Created an article about online examination system following our product page links and submitted to article directories.

Step 9: Submitted our product link pages into link directories.

Step 10: We have already configured and submitted sitemap in Google Webmaster. We have rectified few corrections in html pages recommended by Google Webmaster tool.

Within six months our product page got ranked in first page of Google for the targeted keyword.

Online Exam Software
Online Test Software

When the time we reach first page of Google, we started getting regular sales. Thanks to Google and other search engines for sending visitors to my site.

We also getting number 1 page in Google for many more keywords.

We Never: Note that we have never done any competitor analysis and not even looked any sites listed in first page of Google during our SEO process. We concentrated on our product and site features and completed page with targeted keywords in applicable places, not in additional places.

You can also success your business by following my tips in this forum. I will start continuing my tips in another thread.

Good luck for your Internet marketing success!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is often measured the more technical part of Web marketing. This is factual because SEO does assist in the endorsement of sites and at the same occasion it requires some technological knowledge – at least familiarity with basic HTML. SEO is occasionally also called SEO copyrighting because most of the techniques that are used to encourage sites in search engines deal by means of text.

Cool.. I think your keyword is not just that competitive according to google keyword tool..

... with no keyphrase or competitor research? Sounds to me you'll be content to rank well for some pretty obscure keyphrases that'll barely be considered worthwhile achievements.

I don't understand your sentiment ^^^

it's a pretty competitive keyword, not the most competitive but it's definitely not obscure

congratulations and thanks for sharing the process

could you explain a little bit more about PAD.XML and Press Releases

I don't understand your sentiment ^^^

it's a pretty competitive keyword, not the most competitive but it's definitely not obscure

congratulations and thanks for sharing the process

could you explain a little bit more about PAD.XML and Press Releases

Refer my thread PAD Submission must needed for affiliate marketing from (Internet Marketing Advertising Sales Strategies )

(PR)
------
Press Release submission is one of the powerful processes to improve your site ranking (visitors) and link ranking. You need to submit unique content for each PR sites in order to get published immediately. You can see your press messages in news results in Google and yahoo search engines.

Refer this site (epractizelabs.com) for seo software (you can generate pad xml freely from this software)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.