you must submit your site map XML to Google, yahoo, MSN to get crawler errors, html suggestions and link details from search engines to improve your site's SEO quality.

Just download SEO Software Submitter click Sitemap Generator (free tool) to generate sitemap XML for your site.
Save and upload this XML into your website.

Submit sitemap URL into Google Webmaster, yahoo site explorer and Bing Webmaster control panel. You can see many SEO advices from Google Webmaster tool (HTML suggestions).

You can also see how many keywords impressed and clicked, external links and internal links from Webmaster control panel.

Good luck for your SEO success! Watch my next tip in my other thread…

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Member Avatar for muaazab

A good site map helps a lot indexing website pages in search engine. But I think each search engine has its own preference about the format of site map. For example google likes xml while I think yahoo prefers text site map.

Funnily enough, I used to be aboard the bandwagon that Google sitemaps were useless. I had a sitemap since the protocol's inception, and then got rid of it, and noticed absolutely no increase/decrease/change of any kind either before or after.

Just today I decided to give it another shot, after not having a sitemap for nearly two years, so I'll keep everyone up to date on whether I notice a difference.

Is better to use both. Xml and text sitemap.

xml-sitemaps[dot]com is also another tool for creating xml sitemap..

I am using CMS now, is there anyone can tell me which is the best cms to install sitemap plugins?

Hi,

It is said that Sitemap submission would be helpful for indexing, especially deep thorough indexing purpose. But I have no good experiences on this issue since I have installed an add-on in my admin area for submitting new sitemaps automatically to all top 4 engines when I adding new pages to my sites. I still notice many of my already existed are omitted by Google and Bing. :(

thanks,

well i don't use personally this software but one of my friend was asking about it i am gona tell him

A sitemap helps in indexing of all pages of website.A sitemap has a link to all pages of a website.so its advisable to upload a sitemap of your site,if you want to index all pages of your website.

I don't think that sitemaps were so important. In fact, I think that they aren't very useful. The important things are the keywords and links to your site.

The best thing that you can do is learn and use Google SEO tools to analyze what you need.

Hi friends,
How you doing. Let me tell you something about site map.
Reason behind using a site map?

1. Use a XML site map for search engine because some time the deep links of you websites are not crawled by search engine spider. so your website may suffer from ranking so with the help of XML site map all the links are shown on one page so crawler can read or crawl it easily.

2. Use HTML site map for your users so that they can easily find all the web pages on your website and also help to navigate your site easy.

Thanks & Regards
Er. Mohit sharma

and be sure to link to sitemap file in all pages of website. it increases the chance of accessing pages,because on every page robots reach to sitemap file so the chance of crawling increases.

I have a sitemap but it is not an XML one. It was made for the people visiting the site. Also it is a page with links to all my pages. Someday I would like to add the XML one for Google. I figure that it cannot hurt.

For small websites will less traffic I usually don't use a sitemap because I haven't noticed a difference. In larger sites, I always use a sitemap since I do notice a difference in Google Webmaster tools.

SiteMap submission is really important for Seo as it helps search engine crawl the whole website with all pages much faster & easier compared to other techniques of SEO.

you must submit your site map XML to Google, yahoo, MSN to get crawler errors, html suggestions and link details from search engines to improve your site's SEO quality.

Just download SEO Software Submitter click Sitemap Generator (free tool) to generate sitemap XML for your site.
Save and upload this XML into your website.

Submit sitemap URL into Google Webmaster, yahoo site explorer and Bing Webmaster control panel. You can see many SEO advices from Google Webmaster tool (HTML suggestions).

You can also see how many keywords impressed and clicked, external links and internal links from Webmaster control panel.

Good luck for your SEO success! Watch my next tip in my other thread…

A sitemap is a list of links which you want to be crawled by search engines. Submitting a sitemap can help to ensure that the important search engines crawl and index your pages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.