Hello Friends,

Near 20 days before we update our website, we redesign and redevelop it, all the links are new, googel crawl our new website and it's include some new link on it's index but all the old links are still in google index. how these old links are remove on google index?

Thanks

I think it takes a while for Google to index your pages in Google-old automatically update your data center on a regular basis. So I think that the submission of a site map can be useful for this purpose.

As Google index your website they were self remove from Google. But you will update your sitemap.

It takes time for google to update its cache memory. Wait for some time, the links that you are seeing is because of google cache.

I think you will update your sitemap, when Google index your links and sitemap then all old links are remove from Google self.

The way i know is to open your webmaster and send the request to remove the link with list of links you want to remove, when Google to crawl your site and remove your old links you have requested.

update sitemap then resubmit your page to google it will still take some time for your links to be removed

Yes, It takes time to remove old urls from search result, you can also send the link removal request in webmaster tool.

Hello Friends,

Near 20 days before we update our website, we redesign and redevelop it, all the links are new, googel crawl our new website and it's include some new link on it's index but all the old links are still in google index. how these old links are remove on google index?

Thanks

Google Removal tool
or

Re Submit Site map in GWT very helpful to u..........

Maggytwin is right you can go to Google Webmaster and send request from there and with two or three days the link will be removed ...

I think that google delete only 404 links so, it will remove it next indexing

use that will permanently delete the old pages and will index new pages of your website

use 301 redirection that will permanently delete the old pages and will index new pages of your website

i suggest you use a redirect page error or a java to deive traffic to the new ones! in time they will disappear!

regards!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.