What are the best SEO tricks other than the;

1- Good Meta tag and description and title structure.

2- Add your url in [ http://www.google.com/addurl_confirm.html ]

3- Add hyperlinks to your site on other website.

2nd Question - I know that google searches for more link for your website on the net to find it quickly, but does that mean that i can go to any site and add links to my website also.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You shouldn't have to manually submit your site to any of the search engines anymore. Engines like Google find your site by crawling the web, following links from other sites pointing to your site. The more sites that link to you, and the more "authority" those sites have (based on how many links point to them), the higher your Page Rank, which influences your ranking in the search engines.

A variety of links around the web which link to your website definitely helps. It is best to make sure that these links are from good quality and relevant websites.

A variety of links around the web which link to your website definitely helps. It is best to make sure that these links are from good quality and relevant websites.

Can you name few please, as i have no idea about it

Thanks for both answers.

Yes you have shared good points and i think if you want to get good SERP then your can't neglect these tips.

I think its not good enough to get better position on search engine. You must need to submit your site on google webmaster.

Can you name few please, as i have no idea about it

Thanks for both answers.

Yeah sure.

Industry relevant directories
Industry relevant blogs (if you can through guest posting, blog commenting etc.)
Good general directories
Bookmarking websites
Article distribution

Some will be easier to get than others, but the more relevant the site is and the better quality, the link will be more powerful for you.

Guest blogging is a good way, this will involve contacting site owners to ask if you could write a post for their site in exchange for a link.

Vary the anchor text when linking to gain a much more natural link profile and attempt to build a few a week. You don't need to build hundreds in a few days as this could always look a bit suspect.

Avoid buying links (unless it is a paid directory).

I think the best SEO tricks are to be used step by step, where after every step you have to wait before seeing the results. The three main steps would be:
1. Search engine optimization for each of your web pages.
2. Link building (submission of articles, forum submissions,etc )
3. Social networking

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.