On page optimization is more important than off page, but few designers are able to create search engine optimized sites. People say start from the beginning. What should I check to ensure SEO friendly site design and development?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Check Google´s manual for SEO friendly websites, the PDF is available on Google Webmaster Central Blog.

On page optimization is more important than off page, but few designers are able to create search engine optimized sites. People say start from the beginning. What should I check to ensure SEO friendly site design and development?

Also check your webpages' Google cache to ensure the search engine finds exactly the same thing the Internet visitor discovers when showing up at your pages. Often you can have sloppy code that restricts a complete crawl.

Another aspect of optimizing your site design is to have a solid internal navigation system. Make sure your web pages are deeply inter-connected.

Read SEO guide provided by Google and You have answers for the questions related to SEO.

According to the point of view of a programmer, you should do it some, can make the web site to search engine friendly:

1. The rational website frame, like cobwebs, when the search engine spiders into your web site, go your frame moving in and out of your web site, convenient spider grab quickly

2. Junk code: too much garbage ah code influence the website open speed. Another encapsulation call js code etc, use div + CSS

3. Death chain: for the revision of the station is particularly important, reduce or destroy the appearance of death chain. Do 404 or 301 redirection

More information can hope to help you

To endure SEO friendly site design make sure,
-Page loading speed should not be more than 4 sec.
-Check for Inappropriate screen resolution
-Check for Invalid HTML validity
-Flash, javascript should not be included as spiders cannot crawl them (use CSS instead)
-Don’t use frames
-Use alt tag for images
-Use social media widgets

to ensure websites stick to good web-design ethics you should try to ensure you use - Headings so H1 to H4
- clearly list out the paragraphs
- have a unique title
- ensure your URL are keyword rich rather than automated ones geenrated
- your site has a clear sitemap, internal site structure is very important.

Your website must be responsive and can run on any mobile or smart phones.

@Avinsh 1 bro, i think you are awaking the old death thread.

Kind Regards

I would definitely take a look at Google's Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide and the Beginner Guide to SEO from MOZ. Even thought you may be well past the beginner's steps it's always a nice refresher from time to time.

Ultimately you'll need to get into the head of your user. Google has even stated that you shouldn't be developing websites for search engines, you should be building them for your users.

So ask yourself questions like, "Does my audience use mobile devices more than desktop devices?" and / or "What is the attention span of my average user? Are they more likely to watch a video or read an article?"

Read google guidelines and follow them strictly otherwise your site can be penalized.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.