It looks like we went through a Google toolbar PR update yesterday. How did you guys fare? I can't complain. Homepage stayed PR7 and all top level forums and categories went to PR6. Unfortunately, my link directory went down from my second PR7 to PR6 as well.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Did ok, we moved up a notch.

Do you there is any more value left in gauging sites with PR? I've seen some very horrible looking PR7's and PR8's lately.

I don't think there ever was any "real" value in gauging sites that way ;)

Question: How come I can't edit my posts? I made a typo and wanted to fix it.

You can edit your post for a short time after first posting, but once the time period is up you can't edit them anymore.

Yea Google has been updating for the past couple of weeks now. i noticed a change about a week ago.

Did ok on some of my sites.

I got one pr0 up to pr2 and another pr0 up to pr3.

The changes you are noticing might not be permanent. Your PageRank can go up and down in a moment. We are in the middle of a major update/infrastructure change of Google's called: BigDaddy. What we are all seeing now I call the Google Hurricane. My guess is by the end of this month BigDaddy will be completed. Then your PR will have settled to what Google thinks it should be.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.