i want to knew about meta tags in detail

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

Meta tags are just another way to describe the data of your webpage. It's placed within the head tags

E.x.:
<meta name="description" content="Website for a school project" />

They don't have much use as far as I know, but back then they were used for spamdexing, which is used to have your website to be first. Meta tags are now usually ignored by major search engines

A special HTML tag that provides the information of web page. Meta tag describe about your website page in a short.

Description meta tag is meant to assign description for each page. Search engines (especially google) display content from this tag in search results, if this tag is specified.

meta tag is the work of on page optimization..Meta tags are a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites.

Here is a practical example:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

<meta name="description" content="Custom 3d design, custom web design xhtml based and custom identity design, in order for you run a successful and profitable online business." />
<meta name="keywords" content="bla bla" />
<meta name="robots" content="index,follow" />
<meta name="revisit-after" content="7 days" />
<meta name="rating" content="general" />
<meta name="icbm" content="45.7555, 21.2375" />

... and like this it can do on and on , everyone will recomend a new and powerful meta optimisation etc. Just don't give these so much importance since they only have a minor role these days.

Meta tags = Title, Keywords, Descriptions about website.
generally we cant not see meta tag but search engine can see it...its very useful for website optimisation.

Meta Tag is Generally use in HTML coding.
In short we can say Meta Tag will represent your site to Web.It will include Meta Keywords,Meta Descriptions, etc.

Meta tags are installed in a website for Search engines because they read this data about your website.

Meta tags are HTML codes that are inserting into the heading on a web page, after the title tag. However, Meta description tags are not a main part for search engines when a site ranked up. In simple words, we can say that Meta Tags are lines of HTML coding that help some search engines list your website.

Meta tags are involve in the of the sites. They describe the purpose of your site to the crawlers and play very important role in the field of optimization . yu should consider the google guide for search engine optimization .

meta tags are the basic information about a web-page. Meta tags have a key role in search engine optimization.

Meta tags enclosed in the head tag. COntaining title, description, keywords

meta tag include in on page seo.Title, Keywords, Descriptions about website is included in meta tag

Meta tag contains title,description,keyword and tags.
title-site heading,description-indicate short description of site,keywords are phrases used to search the particular site.

Meta Tags are Meta Title, Meta Description, and Meta Keywords. These are your first step in doing onpage optimization so your website can be seen easily by readers and can be read easily by google spiders.

meta tag should not be ingored in seo
keyword density, google search result page
both are important

Definition of Meta Tags
"HTML tag that provides information about a Web page"

Meta Tag is a very important html tag for using info about your webpage.Search Engines known your website through meta tag like meta title,meta description,meta tag etc.

Meta tags are special HTML tags that are inserted into the header on a web page, after the title tag. They are used for giving a short description about a website.

Meta Tags are special HTML code which provide information for crawler and they user.

Meta tag in html is not a required tag when you're creating your web pages; many pages don't use the tag at all, and I must confess that I've not used it on my home page, although I put it into this page by way of demonstration. To put it briefly, the meta tag is used by search engines to allow them to more accurately list your site in their indexes.
Example:
<head>
<meta name="description" content="Free Web tutorials" />
<meta name="keywords" content="HTML,CSS,XML,JavaScript" />
<meta name="author" content="Hege Refsnes" />
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />
</head>

Meta tags are nothing but list of keywords which are commonly used to search the content of your website by the users.

A meta tag is a line of HTML coding that contains metadata about a webpage. Meta tag information doesn't change how the page looks; it won’t be seen by the website viewer, unless they are viewing your source code. There are two common types of meta tags — meta description tags and meta keywords tags.

Meta title tags are html tags that are used for describing about the page content

Meta tags are HTML codes that are inserted into the header on a web page, after the title tag.In SEO when people refer to meta tags, they are usually referring to the meta description tag and the meta keywords tag.
For e.g:-
Meta Keyword tag:-
<meta name="keywords" content="keywords, keyword, keyword phrase, etc.">
Meta Description tag:-
<meta name="description" content="Brief description of the contents of your page.">
Thnx...:)

Meta's define into 3 steps which describing the webpage of your website,
1. Meta Title : Title Describing the heading part what is page all about.
2. Meta Description : Describing the details about services, product, about website whatever your business are offering.
3. Meta Keywords : In this field you can use the keywords which you are going to target to doing seo!

A special HTML tag that provides the information of web page.

i never use meta tags on my site, so what's the effect for using meta?

Meta tag tag is inserted into your html code at the head of the document between the head tags. Meta tags are used by many search engines, and those that choose to ignore certain portions of the meta tags field, may at any time change their algorithms to include it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.