My site is http://www.quobot.com. I'm trying to edit my meta tags manually, without a plugin, because I need meta descriptions for each and every page. I had to login to my FTP server and I have gotten to wp-content/themes/quote. This is where a web developer told me to go to edit the meta tags, but he didnt give me much more detail.
What should I do now in order to edit my meta description tags for every author and every topic?

Could someone direct me to a video or maybe even an article? I can't find this information anywhere :(

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

So, you are going to handle this with server-side scripting. what is the site running on? Also, your page titles appear to be updating, so what in your code is setting the page title? Use the same approach to update the description, and keywords as well.

For example, I'm running my site on asp.net so, i can update the title, description, and keywords server-side..

Page.Title = pageTitle
Page.MetaDescription = pageDesc
Page.MetaKeywords = pageKeywords

I guess you are using wordpress , Corret me if i am wrong?

I don't understand why you are trying to do it manually?
Just install All in one SEO plugin. It gonna add page title , Description , keywords etc field in each and every page/post (Where you can add you desired title and descrption tag)

Just install All in one SEO plugin. It gonna add page title , Description , keywords etc field in each and every page/post (Where you can add you desired title and descrption tag)

That's Correct, Agree with Movielinks reply, Install plugin 'ALL IN ONE SEO' you get all tags for each page and modified them manually.

Opne your pages in notpad and find title and meta tag..and go to change it...

Thank you guys! AllinOneSEO didnt work for me. It didnt allow me to post meta descriptions for every page, just for posts. But I did discover Yoast through another forum and it helped BUNCHES. I appreciate all the help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.