Hi everyone,
If you have a good site, got numbers of links to your site and want to improve your pr quicker, here is the way to do:
if you already pr 3 ( just for examble ) and you want to have pagerank 4, just try to find someone who has pagerank 4 ( the linkpage ) link to you, but if you have pr 5 and want to be pr6 or even 7 you may have to buy one revelant link ( 70% revelant is ok ) which is pr 6 or 7. note that you dont have to buy it for long time ( about 3 months only - depend on which site you buy from ). I think google will quicker make your pr that you expected if you doing things above.
and when you already have pr 6, you are popular already, and higher pagerank for you is just the time. No need to buy any expensive links anymore.

How about other opinions about this? I think there are plenty of newbie ( like me ) here find it useful?

good weekend, guys

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Dear Newbie,

Ignore the green bar on your google tool bar (which doesn't mean jack sh*t to many experience SEO's) and focus on building the highest quality , most authoritative Vietnam travel site you can possibly build.

Dear Newbie,

Ignore the green bar on your google tool bar (which doesn't mean jack sh*t to many experience SEO's) and focus on building the highest quality , most authoritative Vietnam travel site you can possibly build.

I wonder how many experienced webmasters in the world compare to much of website in the net? fact is there are a lot of people looking for high pr sites to link with. So high pr somehow still help you to get more links and you can more less understand where you are standing.

Does make you wonder doesn't it. I remember the first DAY I started doing SEO work- that was one of the first things they told me NOT to pay attention to (it was on my comp from a previous user). It's just too easy to manipulate- as you well pointed out! I soon learned however, that there are many other ways to determine page rankings (looking at UMV's, for instance)...that work hand in hand with that sort of thing.
That said, page ranking (not necessarily those provided by google PR) can *help* to gauge where you're at.

Too many people focus on PageRank - what you should really be focusing on is sales and conversions.

I've seen for myself traffic go down when PR went up, and traffic go up when PR went down.

Go figure.

Generally I've found PR to be at least somewhat consistant with traffic. I think this has something to do with the fact that 85% of my traffic comes from Google searches!

So how do you buy the links you are talking about?

Which links am I talking about? Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Oh I was asking Spidey based on this quote:

if you have pr 5 and want to be pr6 or even 7 you may have to buy one revelant link ( 70% revelant is ok ) which is pr 6 or 7. note that you dont have to buy it for long time ( about 3 months only - depend on which site you buy from )

note that you dont have to buy it for long time ( about 3 months only - depend on which site you buy from )

atleast, 3 months. i highly doubt it. what happens if your link is removed? doesnt your site PR fall?

How about other opinions about this? I think there are plenty of newbie ( like me ) here find it useful?

Just so that it is clear, PR value of a web page is but one factor that determines positioning in SERPs for a keyphrase search. A PR2 web page geared towards ranking highly for a keyphrase can frequently beat a PR 6 trying to do the same thing. PR value, although an important indicator, does not in itself determine SERP positioning.

Your advice is mostly directly to the "newbie" of SEO, thus I feel compelled to comment.

Renting a link from a high PR web page for the purposes of artificially inflating another web site's importance is commonly refered to as "link brokering".

Although link brokering can often be an effective PR boosting strategy, it is not, in any respect, SEO. As a matter of fact, link brokering is now being considered as a spam technique and Google has it's sights set to alleviate it's effectiveness. Both the broker and the renter will increasingly become subject to ranking penalties.

Now, the main problem with link brokering. Search engines want to provide the best web pages that satisfy a keyphrase search. Web pages that rank highly for a keyphrase search but are of little value to the searcher, and certainly not the best page for that search, flood the SERPs. This process is part of the increasing problem of seeing sub-standard web pages rank highly in comparison to better ones. Link brokering can be used as a sort of ranking scheme that needs to be carefully monitored by the search engines.

In the last four or five months, many of these ranking schemes have been dissassembled and their positioning in the SERPs have been drastically affected negatively. This is a trend that will undoubtedly continue.

So, my opinion on this matter is clear : play this type of PR boosting game at your own risk. Think of SEO as a long term, sustainable pursuit whereas a web site's contents are of most importance.

The problem is that too many people create sites that algo chase one factor or another of the algorithm, and when the weight is altered for this factor, they have to move onto another to shore it up.

Create a good well balanced site with all the basic SEO elements covered, and it will stand the test of time.

Hear hear!

Hi everyone,
If you have a good site, got numbers of links to your site and want to improve your pr quicker, here is the way to do:
if you already pr 3 ( just for examble ) and you want to have pagerank 4, just try to find someone who has pagerank 4 ( the linkpage ) link to you, but if you have pr 5 and want to be pr6 or even 7 you may have to buy one revelant link ( 70% revelant is ok ) which is pr 6 or 7. note that you dont have to buy it for long time ( about 3 months only - depend on which site you buy from ). I think google will quicker make your pr that you expected if you doing things above.
and when you already have pr 6, you are popular already, and higher pagerank for you is just the time. No need to buy any expensive links anymore.

good weekend, guys

Hi,

I totally agree with you :mrgreen:

thats true, you go to any market place where people want to buy ad's. Almost always they ask for a minimum requirement of a pr1.

Freddie

Even though PR can be easily manipulated, it is still a very useful tool for gauging your SEO efforts. There is usually a direct corelation between PR and the amount of traffic, number of inbound links, etc. that a site gets. It is, however, also possible to have a high PR site that gets little traffic and generates no revenue. What matters most is the bottom line, i.e. your profits.

PR matters just because it still matters to a lot of people.

OK so I have a question for you. Is toolbar PR most related to gauging SEO efforts? Or most related to gauging how sticky / linkable a site is? I guess what I'm trying to say is that how much time spent on search engine optimization is nothing if you don't have a good, well built, sticky, linkable, highly organized content site. Or at least it has been my experience that for the most part, more content sites than ecommerce sites have high PR, b/c they're more linkable.

I suppose it's a combination of both. In some cases-- esp. commercial sites -- you can only do so much to offer great content and make more sticky, so you'd have to make up by SEO.

And you have to make sure that your site has good content , or nobody will link to you

there are many checks to take your website in higher rank, like
provide unique keywords, provide best title to your site, and most important thing is directory submission, more directory submission take your website to the higher rank.

<snip fake signature>

well, Instant high PR is not possible, however, if you get lots of backlinks from other sites you will still need to wait for 6 months as google update the rankings after every 6 months. Easy way to get backlinks is to build high quality content so that webmasters will automatically link to your site.

Getting a high PR is a combination of building quality links and adding unique contents in the site, which obviously takes a lot of time.

Thanks mrandrei for your reply. My writing blog is http://aurumwriters.com, where I am adding quality content on a regular basis and its PR is 1 within 3-4 months. What do you suggess am I going fine??? Please advise.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.