I generally post my blogs and Articles on Blogger but SEO expert suggested me to have an internal blog on website. I want to ask how do i have my blogger posts on website. Do I need to get another hosting for my site sepeartly for blog. like codingbrainsblog.com or its fine to have blog.codingbrains.com to get seo values retain. I want to cross check the strategy of SEO expert.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Blogger but SEO expert suggested me to have an internal blog on website

Can you clarify what you mean by this statement.

I want to ask how do i have my blogger posts on website

You want to display a list of article names and links back to your blogger site? please clarify.

If you want to create a blog on a domain you already own and administer, you would first have to check with your web host to determine if it supports the features required. For example, WordPress is popular for self-hosted blogs. Its minimum requirements are PHP version 5.2.4 or greater, and MySQL version 5.0 or greater. If your web host does not support these services, then you don't even have the option of adding a WordPress blog to your site; you might have to change web hosts or perhaps select a different blogging platform.

Once your new blog is set up, you would have to copy all your posts over from Blogger one-at-a-time. I am not aware of a service that allows you to conveniently copy all posts over from Blogger to a new blog.

In terms of SEO, I really don't know if there are any benefits to having a self-hosted blog or using a service like Blogger. And I don't think it matters if the URL of the blog takes the form blog.domain.com or domain.com/blog. It all depends on the quality of your content.

If your existing blog has PageRank that you would like to transfer over to the new blog, you should use a re-direct on the old pages, to send robots to the new pages. And you should get the old blog de-indexed so you don't get a duplicate content penalty in the search engines.

I want to include all those articles on main stream of my website .And i want to retain my current visitors and folowers of blog.

Internal blogs helps to get the visitors on our website so it helpful for increase the page views, internal links, external links of our website. so our website page rank also get increase.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.