I heard from my friends that GEO tags are valuable in case of local optimization. But can any one suggest me how to generate, implement & use GEO tags? And, what are its benefits? Please advise. Thanks in Advance.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

As per Wikipedia, Geo tagging is the process of adding location related metadata to various media's such as websites, photos, videos and messages, etc. This metadata usually consists of latitude, longitude, distance, altitude and place names, etc.

Check the below link for free Geo Tag Generator:

http://www.geo-tag.de/generator/en.html

Thanks Piers Rollins. Got your point. Now I can generate the GEO tags. It's really easy. Thanks again.

Can you please tell me where to put the code on my website?

this is new term for me i think i have to do lots of work on it

@MonodeepM - I'm not sure about this code insertion. Think so it is to inserted in the head section of the source page.

<head>
<title>Amherst</title>
<meta name="ICBM" content="45.8, -64.2">
<meta name="geo.placename" content="Amherst, NS, Canada">
<meta name="geo.position" content="45.8;-64.2">
<meta name="geo.region" content="CA-NS">
</head>

in this case the location code is only single decimal precision, as it points to a town, increased decimals = greater precision to an individual location

http://geotags.com/geo/

GEO tags are important if you want to do local optimization and they also are making your link building more powerful.

Geo tagging can help users find a wide variety of location-specific information from your Device. For instance, someone can find images taken near a given location by entering latitude and longitude coordinates into a suitable image search engine.

It can help you to reach your website on your geo location based search query for your keywords. like country based tld Domains helps to rank on that country based search query.

Kind Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.