I've just written a complete discussion forum hosting service and i have google ads on there but would like to know other sources of advertising revenue I could place on the forums that people create. Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Ecto.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

You would probably do good selling text links because people like to pay for a mass amount of sitewide links to help their search engine rankings.

You could also perhaps offer forum hosting for $5 / month for an ad-free version or to allow the forum owner to use their own AdSense client ID instead of yours.

Hey thanks Dani, good suggestions.

Ecto.

oh, forgot - tell me more about these 'text site links' you speak of.

Thanks.
Ecto.

LOL paying? i cant afford.. LOL, i dunt like getting money or paying for anything thats online.. LOL... btw, if ur talking about google adsense, my site had that thing, and every post that user makes, they get impressions for their account of google adsense, do u think i should make em pay or just let it like this?

Aznx, I can't seem to access your site - it just times out. And I'm confused what your question is.

Aznx, I can't seem to access your site - it just times out. And I'm confused what your question is.

uh to be exact visit this one: http://www.freepgs.com/redna/showthread.php?threadid=148

like u see the one below the first post, there was an google adsense ad, should i make em pay, or just leave it as it is?

I've just written a complete discussion forum hosting service and i have google ads on there but would like to know other sources of advertising revenue I could place on the forums that people create. Any ideas ?

Thanks.
Ecto.

Hi - you can list any empty advertising spaces you have on your site on << url snipped >> this site allows your advertising space to be sold to the highest bidder, you can sell banner ad's text links, you can even sell magazine ad space too if you have a publication.

Anyway I hope this helps generate some extra revenue for you
Best of luck

Hello,

finding ads for forums is a little tough, alot of advertisers do not accept forums for advertising, and the ones that do usually do not offer good payout.

I also have a forum hosted by a company called ForumDrop, but one of the things they do is specialize in Forum Advertising.

Good luck with your search.

Let's seeee .... ways to generate revenue from forums ...

• banner advertising
  • text links
  • forum sponsorships
  • IntelliTXT / Kontera
  • Google AdSense

good suggestion, selling text links is a good way.

Online Classified ,

good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.