I've a online community for software developers, students and webmasters. The site is <url snipped>

I've launched this site on march 2008, since then I got lots of traffic from google or linkreferral or any other sites. From Google analytics I came to know that I'm getting around 100-120 unique users per day but all of them are coming for the articles or code snippets I've in my site. What I found that they are not willing to post in the forum, only some them.
Can anyone suggest me where am I lagging?
Can you suggest some tips for me on how can I convert the guests into posters in my forum?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I believe this is against the Forum Rules

Keep It On The Site

Keep It Spam-Free
Do not spam, advertise, plug your website, or engage in any other type of self promotion. To encourage open, unbiased (incentive-free) discussion, it is prohibited to refer to sites you own or are affiliated with outside of specifically designated forums within the IT Water Cooler category (Hardware Swap, Post your Resume, Project Partners Wanted, Show Off your Projects, and Website Reviews forums, as well as all forums contained within the Webmaster Marketplace). Additionally, keeping discussions anonymous encourages more open conversation, because members are not afraid of revealing their strategies to their competition.

As forum owners, we all have this problem. Basically, give them a reason to post. Post a lot yourself ... show them that there is someone to talk to who is always available. Anytime they post, reply to them ASAP. Get your friends to start posting with you.

Create posting bait ... interesting questions that are good discussion starters that people are naturally going to want to react to / debate with you on / instinctively respond to.

OK, well obviously it isn't against the rules.....

well... as cscgal said.... you do most of the posting...

I did on my forum, i did most of the posting and i got friends to come along with the same knowledge and i have built it from there. So, from the start, you have to do most of the work... but also keep posting in most of threads on the forum.... to keep yourself active.

Just a few things :P

Cohen

Agree with you all, first thing to do is bring in some activity. You need to have interesting discussions going on so that people read them, and, ultimately, will want to join to participate in them. You can start them up inviting friends to your board, or just creating fake accounts and replying to yourself.

Agree with you all, first thing to do is bring in some activity. You need to have interesting discussions going on so that people read them, and, ultimately, will want to join to participate in them. You can start them up inviting friends to your board, or just creating fake accounts and replying to yourself.

Friends is the best way :)

Get it into search engines.. and also get friends to post it n their websites and tell their friends...

I publish my forum on my website :)

Start few threads that can create debate or you can post a breaking news which can grab attention of people, possibly it will increase chances for getting comments easily.

for creating own media player like you tube webapplication in c# plz help me

I would put some type of reminder after each article, to encourage them to join the forums to further discuss the topics. And if anyone asks a question, be extra polite and super helpful in responding to them. That seems to the be the best way to encourage more people to ask questions when they have them.

This is also my problem in my forum website. At least i also got your different views and insights on how to attract posters. My other option is to promote it manually to get noticed and at the same time building quality backlinks.

Actually you need the software developer related community. I do not know how you optimized your forum. I suggest you to optimize your main keyword software developer in the related communities and sites that will drive the true traffic. If the moderator allow then you should also put your site link here in this community.

People will post again and again only if they get response to their previous post. So try to make each user get response for their question.

You just keep posting the high quality posting and inform your friends and also post comments on the related forums and blogs.

Get it into search engines.. and also get friends to post it n their websites and tell their friends...

really agree~~~be friendly~~This can give a person to leave a good impression

really agree, be friendly~~This can give a person to leave a good impression

commented: double posting spammer -2

there is no short term solution of this problem, here you need to work more in case of posting the new threads and intrested topics,need to answer many of the questions. so my best wishes!!!! keep working

I've a online community for software developers, students and webmasters. The site is <url snipped>

I've launched this site on march 2008, since then I got lots of traffic from google or linkreferral or any other sites. From Google analytics I came to know that I'm getting around 100-120 unique users per day but all of them are coming for the articles or code snippets I've in my site. What I found that they are not willing to post in the forum, only some them.
Can anyone suggest me where am I lagging?
Can you suggest some tips for me on how can I convert the guests into posters in my forum?

Ask open question after each post, so users can contribute their answers.

create interesting and useful threads. Most people come to seek information and leave after getting that information. Try to put an event when user close the page which pop-ups the query that if you find it useful try other topics.

Make sure they have something to talk about. Without interesting discussion, users won't jump in.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.