It's a simple question, why do you use social networks? or why don't you use social networks?

Recommended Answers

All 36 Replies

Very basic question which you can find with simple search in google, better if you've asked "How do you use your social networks"? :)

You still didn't answer my question, why do you use social networks, but I suppose your answer was good too, so what dos everyone use social networks for?

It matters what type of social network it is. If it is a general social network, then most people use them to connect with firends and participate in a community.

If the social network is organized around a specific topic such as Peace is Active or InvestEveryMonth.com, then people are there to find out more about the specific topic and to ask questions about something very specific.

Research shows that participating in social networks gives people a sense fo belonging to a community as well as becoming more familiar with whatever topic is being discussed.

i use facebook to keep in touch with my friends

I don't. I haven't really seen any compelling reason to.

I know what you mean Ezzaral, there's just no benefit for me to be on these social networks.

Not sure what you guys do online, but millions of people use social networks. Not only do they use them, but they can spend hours online while connecting with friends and participating in discussions.

That's what I'm here to find out, why they use social networks, maybe I will find merit in them.

Well, I use Facebook to keep in touch with people I've met in real life and know. I use Twitter to connect with people who share my same interests, and to get inspiration for new blog entries. So it really depends on the specific network.

That's exactly the kind of answer I was looking for mooreindustries, thanks for posting.

Nowadays, people are using the social network sites to do marketing of their sites. But the main use of it is to make communication with customers, friends and to stay connected with them always.

aside from it being a great avenue to keep in touch with old friends and it being a means to meet new friends... not to mention all the fun things you can do there, social networking sites are a great tool to promote your site, blog, online business or what have you.... i have several accounts that link to my squidoo blog... if you find yourself in the 'neighborhood', feel free to drop by... :$ cheers!

I've been toying with the idea of using them but I've not really had the time to do so. Maybe I'll do so soon... who knows!

social networking is also a good way to increase traffic in your websites, building reputation in social networking sites is very important.

social networks give you a sense of place in a disconnected world. For businesses, it can keep and build customer bases in a very competative and portable environment.

Why do you use social networks?

to boost something I have..

how do you use social net?

wisely..

commented: Smartass :) +36

it is one way of communicating with other people and having new friends

I'm interested in what others are reading and talking about. I don't have the time to go through all the web pages out there to see what's going on, so I rely on social networks to find the information in the topics I am interested in.

It is also an effective way of getting quality backlinks and because social networks involves people from all walks of life, your business could easily be seen and delivered through your own network of friends, relatives and colleagues. It could somehow build traffic to your site and improve rankings as well.

A study found that, of the students observed, 94 percent used the Internet, 82 percent go online at home and 77 percent had a profile on a social networking site. When asked what they learn from using social networking sites, the students listed technology skills as the top lesson, followed by creativity, being open to new or diverse views and communication skills.

It's a simple question, why do you use social networks? or why don't you use social networks?

To gain more traffic for my site.

The social networks is the best way to spam. For personal use do not use.

i use facebook to keep in touch with my friends

i also use facebook

Primarily it is to make connections with people around the globe as well as friends, but also to promote your sites, ideas and viewpoints

I use facebook and twitter to generate a following and I follow them sometimes for curiosity and also looking for business opportunites

Very simple use social network. First think is that within a time your web message will reach through social community member.

thanks

social networks are the best way to get instant traffic and exposure to your website, if you added any new update to the site then you shared it with other members in your network.

I think social network is the best way to reach out to new people easily where people come in in search of finds and join in the different community available may be this is the reason for choosing social network...

Well, I use Facebook to keep in touch with people I've met in real life and know. I use Twitter to connect with people who share my same interests, and to get inspiration for new blog entries. So it really depends on the specific network.

Like you, I use these social networks for the same way. I also use LinkedIn to connect with people I worked with and professional contacts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.