Hello there,

Do you use a unique avatar or downloaded one you can share with us? Do you have an avatar pack you can share with other members here so we can setup a pre-set of avatars for our own communities?

How about it? That would be so nice of you. I am sure a lot of people are looking for such avatar images / sets.

Anime / Animals / Celebs / Brands / Faces / Items / Funny Stuff .. all themes are welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I use a pic form my computer its a picture of a pro-nadar shirt!

The phpBB website has a nice collection of open source avatars. I'm not sure if there is any mention of them being limited to those who run phpBB-based sites, but I don't think that's the case.
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=17
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=22

There used to also be a site called Forum Images that was lead by a guy named Daz. It doesn't seem to be up anymore. Anyone know what happened to him?

Thank you for the feedback, I hope more members post theirs soon!

Hi floris. I'm using (and normally use) a custom made avatar. I'm creating more avatars for my site... I'll be glad to post it here as soon as I finish... I'm working on abstract / photoshop custom avatars like the one I'm using.

I had a couple of avatar sets uploaded which members used in the begening but they eventually got bored with them and now majority of them use their own custom avatars, which is ok with me as long as they are within the guidelines.

there's a lot of good sets over at the phpbb site - thanks Dani for posting the link.

--Tone

I prefer a custom avatar of my own choosing as do many of my forum members. As for sets of avatars, I find them too confining as they usually have a narrow focus. There are lots of avatar sites out there that will you pick and choose from premade images. There are also lots of sites that will make custom avatars for you as well. What types of avatars are you really looking for? I have tons of avs but will not post them unless I know that they are what you really want.

Avatars are great i definately need some new ones as well as some new emoticons

I like the avatars on the links in this thread they are great

adromidon,

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of smilie sites out on the www just waiting for you to show up and snag their smilies. I have over a thousand in my photobucket and many more that I have burned to cds and haven't uploaded yet.

Hi floris. I'm using (and normally use) a custom made avatar. I'm creating more avatars for my site... I'll be glad to post it here as soon as I finish... I'm working on abstract / photoshop custom avatars like the one I'm using.

Yeah, same here, except I usually use avatars from my favourite websites which I've uploaded, or ones which I make myself in MS paint or photoshop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.