I am working on developing a social media marketing strategy on Excel and thinking of everything and anything that can identify and strengthen the connection of the client's business in the social media community. So I have included:
1. Business Identity and branding - associated keywords and phrases.
2. Business url and any associated SEO
3. Who are the clients types and words they would use to find or associate the business with.
4. Which social media tactics helps achieve specific goals.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am working on developing a social media marketing strategy on Excel and thinking of everything and anything that can identify and strengthen the connection of the client's business in the social media community. So I have included:
1. Business Identity and branding - associated keywords and phrases.
2. Business url and any associated SEO
3. Who are the clients types and words they would use to find or associate the business with.
4. Which social media tactics helps achieve specific goals.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

I would add identifying which social media channels fit the business model best. While some industries can use all of them (IT, fashion, publishing, entertainment) there are others that do not. For example, I have a friend who works for a plumbing supply company who has an online order system for nationwide sales and a rapid order/pick up process for local customers. They have a blog where they talk about dealing with certain household and industrial plumbing issues or reviews of new products. They also offer video demos of how to use certain tools or make certain repairs. Their customers love these resources but when they set-up a facebook page and offered twitter updates they learned that with a few exceptions, most plumbers will not delve into facebook and tweeting.

Thanks for sharing the story. It demonstrates that it is important to understand the mindset of each segment and best way to reach way.

What about a competitive analysis between the company you are working for and their competition and then using the points that sets your company head and shoulders above the others as focal points for specific social media options.

For example, if your company works with a specific vertical and possesses a wealth of insight and experience in working in that vertical, have them start a blog about that vertical market where they discuss the issues, challenges and events that occur in and affect the vertical without talking about their own products and services. So if among their competitors they are viewed as the industry leaders in catering to a specific vertical they are now viewed as a sort of industry analyst offering opinions and insight. They then look completely altruistic in their efforts to help the vertical beyond their own sales into the vertical.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.