Over on Linkedin someone has a poll up asking which of 5 obstacles is the greatest in terms of engaging in social networking at the corporate level:

- Cost
- Security
- Executive buy-in
- Administration
- Time wasting

for my part, I answered security but for one of my clients there were three all together, two I have over come (executive buy-in and security) and one that I am dealing with, that being administration. Another that I have found is staff buy-in, as the majority of the staff are software consultants who have busy schedules working with numerous clients simultaneously. I am slowly overcoming this last one but it is a work in progress.

Can anyone else offer input as to the biggest obstacle encountered?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The Biggest obstacle I would say is: Constant Engagement/Making It Alive. I managed a corporate networking group on Ning and though I have many members, only a handful were active. This contributed to the community not reflecting the true purpose of the group.

The Biggest obstacle I would say is: Constant Engagement/Making It Alive. I managed a corporate networking group on Ning and though I have many members, only a handful were active. This contributed to the community not reflecting the true purpose of the group.

I would say that yours is more an after-the-fact obstacle. The others are before a social media campaign is established.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.