I just read a piece about 'Social Network Overload', where a person is on so many social networks and trying to keep up with them all that they are developing stress and anxiety issues. As companies seek to take advantage of and squeeze every possible revenue dollar out of social networks, is it possible for some companies to also experience Social Network Overload?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Of course, remember what happened with Skittles a few months ago.
The skittles site has changed since then but it was like listening to the skittles chatter on various social media channels.

For me that was a little overload but creative and innovative. Overall, it received good reviews.

http://mashable.com/2009/03/02/skittles-social/

I just read a piece about 'Social Network Overload', where a person is on so many social networks and trying to keep up with them all that they are developing stress and anxiety issues. As companies seek to take advantage of and squeeze every possible revenue dollar out of social networks, is it possible for some companies to also experience Social Network Overload?

well said
too much or over--X could only cause negative consequences

For me that was a little overload but creative and innovative. Overall, it received good reviews.

[/url]

good point , and for me , one thing should always be ur mind when we do things--that is the degree

While I agree that if there is a real creative hook to what you are doing, ala Skittles, then it will take a while to get to the over-exposure point. But I see a marked lack of creativity in the business world when it comes to marketing. Combine that with the fact that some businesses think they can just keep pushing a marketing device beyond the over-exposure point and you have a recipe for disaster.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.