According to Mashable, current trends for Twitter indicate that Twitter is becoming more entertainment news-centric, talking about movies, music, tv shows and beauty pagents. The top of the list of top tweeters was once mostly tech people but Ashton, Brittney, Miley and Diddy are taking over as the top tweeters.

It would seem that Twitter is becoming closely associated with the world of entertainment and if that is the case does anyone think that this will make some companies that are using Twitter to move away from it? I think that some more conservative companies may to avoid looking less serious by using a service that may be focused on entertainment and celebrity.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Who knows if the techies will flock to another microblogging site (which does exist) and that site will become the haven for tech related news/bits. From an advertising/PR perspective, if twitter has become celebrity centered, advertisers/PR folks can capitalize on this fact to market celebrity related product and beauty related services (to resemble like a particular celebrity, etc)

Who knows if the techies will flock to another microblogging site (which does exist) and that site will become the haven for tech related news/bits. From an advertising/PR perspective, if twitter has become celebrity centered, advertisers/PR folks can capitalize on this fact to market celebrity related product and beauty related services (to resemble like a particular celebrity, etc)

Agree on both points. I actually saw a twitter type app that limits at 1,000+ characters and offers a few other options. While not micro-blogging, it may be the alternative for techies.

Agree on both points. I actually saw a twitter type app that limits at 1,000+ characters and offers a few other options. While not micro-blogging, it may be the alternative for techies.

And the app is called Woofer (woofertime.com). I just went on the site. They still have under 10,000 users and they actually encourage people to tweet about it. 1400 characters...should be interesting.

Twitter and facebook is now viable in the internet and even can use for business purposes. but i still dont know on how effective it is for the site or for business.

It reminds me of Myspace where people and even compnaies were flocking to Myspace and then Myspace slowly but surely started losing its

Facebook is in danger of that at some point in my opinion if they are not careful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.