It is being reported on Mashable that 11 million facebook users are playing Farmville on a daily basis. As we all look for ways to grow our communities and keep them engaged, this is interesting. Who would offer a game on their community if it meant more people engaged and in the community on a regular basis?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I never played Farmville but I have played other games. But after a while, its novelty wears off and then other games pop up. Like two years ago, I was constantly getting invites for Zombies. Yes, so these games do keep people engaged for a while, it can be a month or even years. But then those games start losing its luster because then there are less people to play with.

I never played Farmville but I have played other games. But after a while, its novelty wears off and then other games pop up. Like two years ago, I was constantly getting invites for Zombies. Yes, so these games do keep people engaged for a while, it can be a month or even years. But then those games start losing its luster because then there are less people to play with.

But every now and then there is the game that is so addictive its popularity has a long shelf life and Farmville appears to be one of those.

Until you brought it up, I never heard or played Farmville. Perhaps it does not attract my demographics and friends. Also, I have seen so many of my Facebook friends have Mob Wars or Mafia Wars that I feel I am part of a few capos.

I learned about Farmville from my daughter and her friends. In retrospect, I am glad they are trying to get me to become a vistual farmer rather than a virtual Tony Soprano!

I have learned farmville from my friends and many of my firends are engaged on it.. Social games on the other hand i think are just for fun..

I have learned farmville from my friends and many of my firends are engaged on it.. Social games on the other hand i think are just for fun..

Absolutely, but when something draws that big of an audience/following, marketers are never far behind trying to see how they can ride the wave.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.