A popular social media tactic for small businesses is to establish and build a corporate presence on LinkedIn. Has this helped your business? Did you get any new leads? What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I think for most businesses, Linkedin presence is a necessity. It extends reach, opens doors to new potential customers and, when your employees establish profiles and begin answering questions in forums, they build their reputation as experts in certain areas and likewise help to improve the perception of your company as one that has a specific knowledgebase and expertise in certain areas.

Another beneficial feature of the LinkedIn service is the testimonials which helped me to some extent. When you provide a service to another member of the community, or your network, they can leave a testimonial of how you performed.

Even from a SEO perspective, the links from LinkedIN carries good weight from a web crawler's perspective.

Another beneficial feature of the LinkedIn service is the testimonials which helped me to some extent. When you provide a service to another member of the community, or your network, they can leave a testimonial of how you performed.

Also the ability to display a presentation in a profile or link your blog/twitter so that the fresh info you put up is presented in Linkedin.

I am hoping that they start adding functionality to the company pages. If they do it will make Linkedin a must, something that business ignore at their own peril.

If LinkedIn does increase functionality, LinkedIn has to be careful that it wont become a Myspace in this regards. One reason on why Facebook is very successful is that pages, even business pages, are restricted in their design.

If LinkedIn does increase functionality, LinkedIn has to be careful that it wont become a Myspace in this regards. One reason on why Facebook is very successful is that pages, even business pages, are restricted in their design.

I had an e-mail exchange with one of the cust support people at linkedin and they said that some of the functionalities that are being considered are strictly business oriented and while they would not go into specifics I asked about adding multimedia functions (small video clips about the company, v-blog posts, etc) and they said maybe. Take that for what it is.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.