One of my clients recently started filming customer case studies to use on their website along with their new youtube channel. With the advent of the shoot and post cameras like the Flip and the simple to use editing software that comes with the camera, small companies can create decent marketing videos with a little practice and for a small investment.

Does anyone else use videos like this in their communities to help promote products or services and if so what have your experiences been?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have done similar ones and sure, I got a few hits, but the most important aspect here is to be able to link this promotion/marketing tactic with actual lead generation - most likely through website analytics.

I have done similar ones and sure, I got a few hits, but the most important aspect here is to be able to link this promotion/marketing tactic with actual lead generation - most likely through website analytics.

Actually, the more important use of video case studies, in my experience, is for the more serious customers who have already been initially engaged (gone from lead to prospect) to gain a better insight into what your organization offers and how they are perceived by customers. A hyper-focused infomercial without the British spokesperson.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.