Either on Facebook or on Second Life, one can spend alot of money by buying virtual gifts and necessity.
Whenever I want to send a birthday wish to a Facebook friend, the option of gifts come up but these "gifts" cost real money. I also know I used to spend money on buying virtual protection on Mob Wars. So what do you think about this? Zygna, maker of many of these online games on Facebook, have made millions just from selling virtual gifts. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Either on Facebook or on Second Life, one can spend alot of money by buying virtual gifts and necessity.
Whenever I want to send a birthday wish to a Facebook friend, the option of gifts come up but these "gifts" cost real money. I also know I used to spend money on buying virtual protection on Mob Wars. So what do you think about this? Zygna, maker of many of these online games on Facebook, have made millions just from selling virtual gifts. What do you think?

To use a song title from Jamiroquai, virtual gifts are virtual insanity. In the software industry when a startup would get venture capital based on an idea and the idea never came to fruition the the idea was called 'vaporware'. Same concept, different investors.

Theres another great site thats about to be released called BoonSpace at {link snipped}

I still think that virtual gifts will not replace a real gift. There is nothing better than getting an actual gift and being all happy with anticipation. :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.