As many of us know, joining a few professional meetups help increase our awareness of the business, network with other professionals, and just be in the know-how. So Im wondering, let's say you have an online community you want to increase awareness and new membership, would you use meetups? If yes or not, why or why not?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Interesting that you posted this as one of my clients is trying to start a community of IT providers focused on local government and they asked me if I thought if it would be a good idea to start a linkedin group in conjunction with an in-person networking group. I suggest Meet-Up and the more I think about it the more I think that it is a natural synergy. One would feed into the other and the online relationships would be bolstered by the face-to-face meetings and vice versa.

True even though I have noticed that the majority of responses and threads started on LinkedIn groups were created by consultants and solo practitioners.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.