Almost every business I know either wants to create a Facebook Fan Page or has one. So I read on Social Media Today the following stats:
# 95% of pages have more than 10 fans
# 65% of pages have more than 100 fans
# 23% of pages have more than 1,000 fans
# 4% of pages have more than 10,000 fans
# 0.76% of pages have more than 100,000 fans
# 0.047% of pages have more than one million fans (297 in total)

Reference: http://www.socialmediatoday.com/SMC/146519

So what do you think its worth it getting a Facebook Fan Page afterall?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Nice stats. In my eyes, it still pays to set-up a fan page because even if a person does not become a fan, they can still find or visit the page or see, in their news feed, when their friends become fans. So there is great reach and branding potential.

Eyeballs... Eyeballs... Eyeballs.

It depends on the product and the target audience. Consumer products, especially those geared towards kids under the age of 18, I would say absolutely. But if you are talking about business products I see no value in it and having spoken to people who have set up fan pages for business to business products they describe the effort as time lost that they will never get back.

It depends on the product and the target audience. Consumer products, especially those geared towards kids under the age of 18, I would say absolutely. But if you are talking about business products I see no value in it and having spoken to people who have set up fan pages for business to business products they describe the effort as time lost that they will never get back.

That's a good point. It is more difficult for a B2B offering to relate and gain momentum on FB... Though, on the other hand, there are currently more than 350 million Facebook users. Granted, a majority of those people use FB for personal reasons but those people could still be business execs, agency reps, and other professionals.

I work with a company that provides B2B advertising and marketing services. They have a fan page with a few hundred fans and while it does not necessarily convert any sales, it is still something i think we should spend more time updating (and even integrate with Twitter). Nowadays, your tweets can post to the Wall of your company's fan page. Those posts are displayed in your fan's news feeds - which can then spawn comments, reach more users and effectively brand your business. As InsightsDig was saying.. it's all about the eyeballs and FB has lots..

something is wrong with your subject line.

77% of Facebook fan pages has less than 10k fans - Subject
4% of fan pages has more than 10k fans - Body

So which is which?

That's a good point. It is more difficult for a B2B offering to relate and gain momentum on FB... Though, on the other hand, there are currently more than 350 million Facebook users. Granted, a majority of those people use FB for personal reasons but those people could still be business execs, agency reps, and other professionals.

I work with a company that provides B2B advertising and marketing services. They have a fan page with a few hundred fans and while it does not necessarily convert any sales, it is still something i think we should spend more time updating (and even integrate with Twitter). Nowadays, your tweets can post to the Wall of your company's fan page. Those posts are displayed in your fan's news feeds - which can then spawn comments, reach more users and effectively brand your business. As InsightsDig was saying.. it's all about the eyeballs and FB has lots..

Agreed. Facebook offers many marketing benefits through fan pages. But there are many businesses that would think you were nuts if you suggested they go on FB and sign up for a fan page about a product. But, the advantages to some businesses are undeniable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.