and found that the hardest part so far is getting people to sign up. I have been using google adwords / linking with people / and buying up adspace when I can which has given be about a 20% increase in traffic so far. This within a few days.

I have also put incentives on registering. Like register and have a chance to win $100 and such.

But nothing. Just trickeling going on.

Next week I will start posting up interviews with Top Executives at companies and hopefully that will drive some traffic.

I just can't think of anything else. Just frustrating.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

and found that the hardest part so far is getting people to sign up. I have been using google adwords / linking with people / and buying up adspace when I can which has given be about a 20% increase in traffic so far. This within a few days.

I have also put incentives on registering. Like register and have a chance to win $100 and such.

But nothing. Just trickeling going on.

Next week I will start posting up interviews with Top Executives at companies and hopefully that will drive some traffic.

I just can't think of anything else. Just frustrating.

Any ideas?

i dont know about anyone else but if i see "a chance to win ***" i think there must be some catch or a hacker or something. i wonder why there offering me this to sign up.
but thats just me:cheesy:

i just did it to entice people to sign up. No catch. I guess nobody believes it. :(

You're going to pay $100 out of pocket to some lucky member? ;)

yep. but none signs up. Try to believe that. heh. I'm a starting forum. I'll do just about anything to get people to come right now!

:)

I've found that one of the best ways to get people to sign up is to actively participate in other forums and use a link to your site in your signature, as you're doing here. We generate a huge number of hits, but also, have very few members for some reason :(

Yes, just 3000 or so...

Don't worry about member numbers. Just get the site going, and people will look around your site. If they like what they see, they'll sign up.

Let me rephrase myself. A lot of members. Very few active members.

Well you got to think of incentives to bring them back. For example, you could hire a team of crackers to destabalise their PCs, so they'd come back and ask for help. ;)

BTW, who was the idiot that removed the read/unread forum marker from the Website Promotion forum? :P

Website Promotion is no longer a forum which allows people to post in it. It now encapsulates other forums. Just check out www.dazah.com for easy access to all it has.

I see... so the posts in this forum, which is inside the Website Promotion forum are merely a figment of my imagination....

Perhaps I should talk to the doctor about doubling my medication...

Kinda like a Plato forum. These posts are just a form of the the perfect Post. Thus we never get the perfect post.

If you have the content of your forum active, users will be provoked the sign up and participate.
The next trick is to get even better happenings going on for regular members to keep them regular and invite their friend(s) to participate on the great community.

Having interviews and articles, images and things to download and chat events and/or competitions are great ways to trigger your regulars to return and catch up and be provoked to participate.

Even the most stupid conversation sometimes turn out to have 10.000 views and 15 extra signups whereas a planned thread gets 1 new user and 5 views and 3 replies and then dies.

You could also consider a small community bulletin on a monthly basis and inform inactive users about things that are going on right now.

Good luck!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.