Hello
I am new in this field. Please tell me what is search engine optimization?

Please tell me in detail so i learn and earn.

Recommended Answers

All 67 Replies

SEO is the best for internet marketing and website promotion it is the method of receiving traffic from the free, organic, natural submission.

SEO is the process of making a website likeable to the search engines so that you rank on the top of page 1 for keywords related to your business.

SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid search results.It is a part of Search Engine Marketing(SEM). It has two type on page optimization and off page optimization.

On-Page Optimization is a technique of optimizing website and in this optimization is done within a website. On-Page Optimization includes Keyword research & Analysis, Meta Tag creation, Title Tags, Content Placement and Key word density, etc.

Off- Page Optimization is defined as the technique of optimizing website by doing SEO work outside the website. This is primarily done by link building for increasing website popularity. Off-Page Optimization includes directory submission, Link Building, Blog Posting and Commenting, Article Submission, rss feeds and Social Media Optimization (SMO)

SEO is Search Engine Optimization which is very essential for building your website's rank better

SEO is the process of optimizing a website in order to gain visibility in the search results. There are two methods in optimizing a website. One is on-page optimization where it involves the physical optimization of your actual website. You can optimize your website by integrating appropriate meta tags, title and description. Another method of optimizing a websit is by Off-page optimization. Off page optimization are those marketing techniques that you do to promote a blog. Some of the off page optimization are blog commenting, social media marketing, social bookmarking and any other efforts that may contribute in gaining visibility in search results.

SEO is stand for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process to optimize the website to high high ranking in Search Results. For more info read the following details.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seo

Regards,

search engine optimization is basically marketing of website.

SEO is the web popularity on search engine. In this case you optimize your website with original content.
it is based on two parts,

1) ON-PAGE SEO
2) OFF-PAGE SEO

ON-PAGE SEO, how to write your SEO friendly web page.
URL: Your URL must be start with keywords (e.g. www.example.com/Yourkeyword)
Title: Your Title Must be contain on your keyword.
Meta Description: In this you define your complete page description under 150 words
Heading: Your page Heading Must be BOLD and H1 tag
Body Text: Your main keyword must be well defined in this section. Like bold, italic or underline etc.
Image alt tags: your image must be defined alternative tags

Off-Page: how to link your pages to other websites
1) Social bookmarking
2) Blog Comments
3) Forums Discussions
4) Web directories
5) free Search engine submmisions

Continuing the thread...
Organic SEO is building your site in a way that a search bot such as the Google Bot can read. This means NO flash, Valid XHTML, use of heading, strong, and emphasize tags, and breadcrumbs of course.

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or un-paid ("organic" or "algorithmic") search results. Other forms of search engine marketing (SEM) target paid listings. In general, the earlier (or higher on the page), and more frequently a site appears in the search results list, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine's users. SEO may target different kinds of search, including image search, local search, video search, academic search[1], news search and industry-specific vertical search engines. This gives a website web presence.

SEO is a procedure to make your site recognised on web, to gain the search results with the specific keywords related to your product.

Avoid using html frame ? is that considered as SEO ?

SEO is something in order to up your website into page 1 in search engine

SEO is a process that makes your website ranked higher than any other site in a specific keyword. And there are lot of campaign to do SEO.

you better google search it and go for a detail view....and if you like it then better go for a institute and learn over there.. ;)

Thanks for the start up of this topic. Even me I really find it hard to understand well about SEO. What I only know is that it burst traffic to your website and it is by proper keyword density in each post. I hope I could learn more about it. And reading forum and blog posts are great help.

SEO is the process of improving visibility of your site in order to improve ranking of your website in Google. There are main methods in SEO. On-page optimization and Off-page optimization. In these days, SEO plays an very important role in online business. There are many benefits in SEO. It increases the traffic to your website and more sales to your business.

SEO stands for search engine optimization. The basic thing to know about SEO is that it helps in listing your web page in the search made related to the page to which your web page is related. It a the best way to bring traffic to your website and helps in making your website more popular.

The above responses are all very helpful and true. Like many others have states, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) will in essence draw desired traffic to your site. The methods of SEO vary from simple to very sophisticated. You should "Google" it and begin learning a little. It is great for a website or business. best of luck.

On Page SEO - making the actual site search engine friendly.

Off Page SEO - Link Building

The whole process is to make your site rank at the top of the search engines.

SEO is the method of ranking your website on search engines by deciding keywords and then your website will come on google or any other rankings against of that keyword..!

Search engine optimization,it is a slow and long term process to make your website search engine friendly,So that it can rank better in SE.
It based on two parts.
1. On-page optimization(it includes working on the site/web page)
2. Off-page optimization(it includes working off the site/web page)

SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a way of promoting your website to get to the top of search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.

seo stands for search engine optimization and it is used for making our website popular and due to seo our website come in the search engine and due to this our website become popular

SEO all we known as search engine optimization..There is a lot of way on using SEO Like Blogging link building ETC.the main goal of SEO is to have a nice page rank in any search engine like google bing yahoo etc.Now a days SEO is really diffucult because we have a lot of competitors good luck on you..:)

There's a lot of SEO companies out there offering their services.
Have you tried anyone of them, If you do can you please tell
us your experience with them. For my case I have just purchased
package from backlink monster. I'll keep you posted after
15 days.

SEO is Abrivation as Search engine optimization .
According to my point of views it is the process of geting the tracffic mean to say if you done your site SEO then surely you get the right customer for your sites ,which is the Real benefits behid making any sites ..and you can increase your SEO through making backlinking and making indexs in google and other search engines ....I advice you more stress on SEO because it is the most important part of your site!
Thanks for reading all who read my views

SEO is a method which helps search engine finds and rank your site higher than the millions of other site in response to a search query. It helps you get traffic from Search Engines.
If done in a proper way SEO always yield positive result.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.