Hello,

I have one question. Should I use short or long URLs when submitting my blog articles to social bookmarking sites?
If I keep submitting them every two days, does Google penalize my sites for submitting the same social sites every day, like Facebook, google plus?

If yes, should I use short urls instead?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

Should I use short or long URLs when submitting my blog articles to social bookmarking sites?

Short is good but you can used Remod to shorten the URL.

Yes, you can use short url and long urls in social sites. But I prefer shorter url.

It's a good practice to post short URL.

Using short URL on social media sites are good way to promote site url.Google has also announced that short url is good and better than long urls for such type social networking sites like twitter, facebook and more. If your shortern url click more time then it will make a popular shortern url for your site just like linkback for increase your visitors.

Yes... Where you don't want to show exact link on website.Create creative titlee and make short urls..Short urls are popular in Social sites.

Shorten URL, users even myself, don't want to click. It looks like untrustworthy. On twitter, however you can post short URLs.

Final Note:
If you can write full URL, there is no harm at all.

Dont Spam with the same URLs.

You can use tools to shroten the long links. Everyone go for Short URL on social sites.

if you are doing the bookmarking then you have to use the short links then you because short links try to improves the traffic of the site and this is the best idea

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.