I am looking for bulletin software preferably that I don't have to modify much to fit my needs. I just taught a robot camp for kids and would like to have a forum/bulletin for the kids to post on.

I would like this bulletin software that can be easily customizable for a private list of members. Members should join by invitation only. I'd prefer for an open sourced solution in PHP.

I have phpbb2, and it seems I'll need to add a mod to get it working as I'd want.

Thanks!
Ed

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I haven't used phpBB2 in awhile but I'm pretty sure it can be setup in the ACP to work via invitation only. Is there also an option to make the memberlist private? If not, this can be edited via a simple one line mod to the memberlist.php file that I could help you with.

cosi,
you are right. You need to get additional hack to get phpbb2 work as u want.
Anyway, phpbb2 is free. I think it is worth spending some time to integrate the hack. Or you can hire someone to install the hack for you for a small fee.

Thanks very much dani. I think I'll manage :).

I have to read up on what modifications I have to make to the system so that it complies with the children privacy act. I assume the rules just mean I don't take any personal information down. Though I wonder if it is fine if they post messages/projects? :) Maybe this is another question I should ask the forum...

I haven't used phpBB2 in awhile but I'm pretty sure it can be setup in the ACP to work via invitation only. Is there also an option to make the memberlist private? If not, this can be edited via a simple one line mod to the memberlist.php file that I could help you with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.