Hi All

I have read that the best ways to attract traffic to your website is to blog, guest blog, write articles, use social media, comment in forums and use social bookmarking. Now I understand that all of these all go together, but I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 27 Replies

I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

It's providing easy methods for your visitors to add bookmarks to your site/article. You can recognize it everywhere. The like button (Facebook), the tweet button (Twitter), and many more. If you want an easy start, check out a service like AddThis.

The Social bookmarking is one of the SMO (Social Media Optimization) methods.
You should register in SB websites, find submission form. your bookmarks should be understandable and attractive. don't forget that you just share information with visitors.

Social bookmarking is very simple..you just need to find some social bookmarking website like digg.com you can post your website there in put some little bit description on it..

Hi All

I have read that the best ways to attract traffic to your website is to blog, guest blog, write articles, use social media, comment in forums and use social bookmarking. Now I understand that all of these all go together, but I don't know what social bookmarking is and how I then use it. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

Social bookmarking is one method as the other for getting the results through it. As if one use the unique description in the submission of the bookmarking , then can get the best results. And if one want to get so ,many backlinks for the site through the social bookmarking then can get the quick result of the backlinks through it. And also when one want to get fast index of the site pages then it also be more helpful.

Social Bookmarking is on of the best way to increase our site traffic ... The Social bookmarking is one of the SMO (Social Media Optimization) methods ..It's providing easy methods for your visitors to add bookmarks to your site/article.

It is a very simple and one of the best process, by which you can increase traffic on your sites.

Can anyone, based on experience, post a list of the most effective social bookmarking sites they have used? It would be very useful for others. So far, the best site for me has been StumbleUpon, and in the area of visual things, Pinterest.

Digg has not worked for me as well, but do anyone has any other experiences to share? It would be helpful.

Thanks!

Social Book Marking is a good way to increase any website traffic, But make sure you sharing information to audience, dont become robot and post always your website material.

Hello friend I can understand your view but believe me social media is really helpful but it's true it will take the time.
But if you keep this you will surely get a good result.

Hi All

Thanks

it is wrong to look at the social bookmarking websites as a places where one goes to promote services and products and to increase traffic. They are good to do networking and for brand awareness, however.

Hello friends, as you know that social bookmarking is a part off page submission work and link building technique. It's better way to useing it that you firstly choose do fallow social bookmarking list and submit unique and distinct content on that site.

Thanks,

commented: yawn -3

The social media submission and the social media bookmarking is the same things. In both things just the difference is that on the social media submission we submit a link through opening a website and submit our content. But on the social bookmarking we can add our data by using a single tool bar named as "add on add this tool bar".

Social bookmarking is good when you are getting good traffic from such sites like digg and stumbleupon.

Social bookmarks are really the best way to increase website traffic!

commented: yawn -3

I think social bookmarking is dead! I have not been using it since last two years as it is full of spammers . I mean just imagine a site which had thousands of submission daily and 90% of them are repeated in all the popular SBM sites.. I dont think it is worth investing time!

its very simple u just need to go some social bookmarking site like reddit, digg, delicious etc u can post ur website there put some description, then get the results.

Yes social media bookmarking submission is the best way to increase the page rank. If you want ti increase the page rank that i have some bet social media sites for you
reddit
mixx
facebook
twitter
stumbleupon
myspace
delicious
yahoo
filker

I dont approve of SBM anymore.. 95% of the daily submissions are SPAM. Earlier also I had used it to tickle the SE's. Now I prefer the high link PR packs, they are better, I know they are also heavily spammed too.. but not like SBM's!

If you get to know which bookmarking sites offer dofollow links, social bookmarking will increase your link value and as you know links is the most important commodity in SEO.

social bookmarking must increase page rank specially digg. digg backlink seo value is more powerful.

Social Book marking means it is tagging a website and saving it for later. Instead of saving them to your web browser, you are saving them to the web.

There are several good social bookmarking websites out there. Just google it , You can easily get a good list

hello dear it is very easy way ,just search social bookmarking website from intenet and then register on these sites and after this post your site url after that post title, keywords, description .

yes dear social bookmarking is also important media in seo for getting higher rank and traffic to you site.it also increases backlinks for your site.

It is a very simple and one of the best process,by which you can increase traffic on your site

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.