I would put used car salesmen ahead of corporate leaders, and lawyers ahead of both.
Most corporate leaders are honest. The news media always focus on the few that aren't.
But politicians top the list. Among their lies:
- National health care can actually work.
- The minimum wage actually helps the poor (only the ones it doesn't throw out of work).
- We need more tax money (eliminate the huge sports and arts subsidies instead).
- Arts are necessities.
- Sports are necessities.
- Entertainment is a necessity.
- Our ejukashun sistum is the wurld's finets.
- The other party caused all the trouble.
- A living wage can coexist with social programs.
- We need to keep track of every person in the country.
The one attribute that would make a politician one I would want to vote for is the lack of desire to run for office.
Sometimes I wish there was a death penalty for politicians.