"What we got here is, a FAILURE, to communicate..."
Boss Hog, "Cool Hand Luke" 1967
- you are connected. to your router
- you are not connected. to the internet. (maybe)
- Reset the modem and the router, in that order.
- Wait for Network Cable Not Found to go away.
- R-Click and Repair your wireless connection.
- goto START->Run...->type "cmd" and click OK button.
- type "ipconfig" to check TCP/IP settings.
(should be something like 192.168.., 172.168.., 10.0.0.*, etc...)
- Type "ping something.com" and press eNTeR.
- If you a get 4 sent and 4 recvd. message at the end, you are online, try to open your web browser.
try "PING" + whatever your default gateway was from earlier. (IPCONFIG) what happens?
either way. you have a Router/OS issue
and we will need more info.