I have searched and search for a simple solution to my problem but alas, I have had no luck, so I am turning to this forum for assistance. If you are familiar with Google Gadgets and AJAX, then this question is for you. I am trying to create a Google Gadget that allows one to dynamically search our catalog and display the results within that iFrame. I've been able to do this successfully outside of the gadgets ([URL="

I'm on a Solaris Sun 10 box and I'm trying to install syslog-ng-2.0.9
and I keep getting this error whenever I run ./configure:

configure: error: Glib headers inconsistent with current compiler
setting. You might be using 32 bit Glib with a 64 bit compiler, check
PKG_CONFIG_PATH

I just installed Glib-2.18.0 as well as pkg-config-0.20. I'm not sure
how to tell what bit program I am using, though, and/or how to change it. I have tried the following per the suggestion from another Unix user:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig ; export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
./configure --enable-dynamic-linking

And that just generated the same error. I did try the make command, though, just to see if it would work, but it didn't:

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Here are my Environment variables:

CC=gcc
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include
ENV=~/.kshrc
HOME=/
HZ=
LANG=C
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -R/usr/local/
BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib:/sirsi/oracle/product/
102/lib32:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib
LOGNAME=root
MAIL=/var/mail/root
MANPATH=/usr/opt/SUNWmd/man:/usr/kerberos/man:/usr/man:/usr/dt/man:/
usr/openwin/man:/usr/local/man
OPENWINHOME=/usr/openwin
PATH=/usr/local/ssl/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/nsr:/usr/opt/SUNWmd/
sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/
bin:/usr/dt/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:.:/opt/ssl/
bin:/usr/sfw/bin:/opt/hpnp/bin:/opt/hpnp/admin:/opt/hpnpl/bin:/opt/
hpnpl/admin
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig
SHELL=/sbin/sh
TERM=vt100
TZ=US/Central
VISUAL=vi

I'm still fairly new to the Unix world, so please forgive the
ignorance....

Jamen McGranahan

Well, not exactly. The command you suggest returns only the top entry in the table. That's not what I am looking for. In this table, there are multiple transactions per item, and what the user is looking for is the first transaction date per item. Is there a way I can do this?

Jamen McGranahan

Help - I am fairly new at MS SQL, but understand the concepts and have looked at the code in MS Access many times. But here's my problem:
I need to create a complex query across multiple tables within the same database, but I'm just not sure how to do it within MS SQL. I've done it in Access, creating separate queries and then created a query on those queries, but it takes a long time to run (and I don't trust the results from Access). Here's the code that does work, but it specifies criteria that I really want to query (in the WHERE clause, what is in bold):

[code]SELECT Tracking.TransactionNumber, Min(Tracking.DateTime) AS DateTime, WorldCatInformation.OCLCNumber, WorldCatInformation.Type, WorldCatInformation.Data, Transactions.RequestType, Transactions.DocumentType, Transactions.CallNumber, Transactions.Location, UsersALL.NVTGC, UsersALL.Organization, UsersALL.Department, UsersALL.Status, UsersALL.LastName, Transactions.CitedIn, Transactions.ESPNumber, Transactions.ISSN, Transactions.SystemID, Transactions.LoanAuthor, Transactions.LoanTitle, Transactions.CitedVolume, Transactions.LoanEdition, Transactions.LoanPlace, Transactions.LoanPublisher, Transactions.LoanDate, Transactions.PhotoArticleAuthor, Transactions.PhotoArticleTitle, Transactions.PhotoItemAuthor, Transactions.PhotoItemEdition, Transactions.PhotoItemPlace, Transactions.PhotoItemPublisher, Transactions.PhotoJournalTitle, Transactions.PhotoJournalYear, Transactions.PhotoJournalMonth, Transactions.PhotoJournalVolume, Transactions.PhotoJournalIssue, Transactions.PhotoJournalInclusivePages, Transactions.LendingLibrary, Transactions.LendingString, Transactions.TransactionDate, Transactions.TransactionStatus, Transactions.ReasonForCancellation
FROM WorldCatInformation INNER JOIN Transactions ON WorldCatInformation.TransactionNumber = Transactions.TransactionNumber INNER JOIN
UsersALL ON Transactions.Username = UsersALL.UserName INNER JOIN
Tracking ON Transactions.TransactionNumber = Tracking.TransactionNumber
WHERE Tracking.DateTime Between ('1/1/2008') And ('1/31/2008') And UsersALL.NVTGC <> 'BIOMED' AND UsersALL.NVTGC <> 'LAWILS' AND [B]WorldCatInformation.Type = 'Call Number (LC)'[/B]
GROUP BY Tracking.TransactionNumber, WorldCatInformation.OCLCNumber, WorldCatInformation.Type, WorldCatInformation.Data, Transactions.RequestType, Transactions.DocumentType, Transactions.CallNumber, Transactions.Location,
UsersALL.NVTGC, UsersALL.Organization, UsersALL.Department, UsersALL.Status, UsersALL.LastName, Transactions.CitedIn, Transactions.ESPNumber, Transactions.ISSN, Transactions.SystemID, Transactions.LoanAuthor, Transactions.LoanTitle, Transactions.CitedVolume, Transactions.LoanEdition, Transactions.LoanPlace, Transactions.LoanPublisher, Transactions.LoanDate, Transactions.PhotoArticleAuthor,
Transactions.PhotoArticleTitle, Transactions.PhotoItemAuthor, Transactions.PhotoItemEdition, Transactions.PhotoItemPlace,
Transactions.PhotoItemPublisher, Transactions.PhotoJournalTitle, Transactions.PhotoJournalYear, Transactions.PhotoJournalMonth,
Transactions.PhotoJournalVolume, Transactions.PhotoJournalIssue, Transactions.PhotoJournalInclusivePages, Transactions.LendingLibrary,
Transactions.LendingString, Transactions.TransactionDate, Transactions.TransactionStatus, Transactions.ReasonForCancellation;[/code]

I've tried using UNION, but that won't work since ...